Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing without converting .nef from raw  (Read 1569 times)

Rob777

Printing without converting .nef from raw
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:52:33 am »

Hello all.  Can someone tell me if it's possible to batch print from Lightroom 2.3 without converting from raw (to a tiff or jpeg, for instance)?  I want a program like Canon DPP 3.x that permits you to essesntially never convert from raw unless your sending the photo electronically to someone else who does not have appropriate software to view it.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 01:59:51 pm »

Quote from: Rob777
Hello all.  Can someone tell me if it's possible to batch print from Lightroom 2.3 without converting from raw (to a tiff or jpeg, for instance)?  I want a program like Canon DPP 3.x that permits you to essesntially never convert from raw unless your sending the photo electronically to someone else who does not have appropriate software to view it.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the program?  With LR you don't really need to "convert" to anything unless you want to edit in Photoshop or explicitly export as a non-RAW format.  If you're printing from within LR, the answer to your question is "yes."

Rob777

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 02:58:46 pm »

Quote from: CatOne
Perhaps you're not familiar with the program?  With LR you don't really need to "convert" to anything unless you want to edit in Photoshop or explicitly export as a non-RAW format.  If you're printing from within LR, the answer to your question is "yes."

No, not familiar with the program at all.  If it can batch print from raw (after permitting me to make adjustments to the raw files and re-save them in the same raw format, of course) then that's just what I'm looking for.

Pages: [1]   Go Up