Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Fuji S2 software compatible w/ OS X??  (Read 1872 times)

Paul Caldwell

Is Fuji S2 software compatible w/ OS X??
« on: July 02, 2003, 02:27:29 pm »

The current Fuji Viewing and raw conversion software is written for OS9, thus it has to run in the older environment.

I have run it under the os9 environment in OSx 10.2.6 and it runs fine.  I haven't tried to tether the camera, I would expect that to be more of a problem.

Paul

Paul Caldwell

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 04:37:19 pm »

You can now get an updater for the view viewing software from Fuji, thats meant for osx.  Just go to the fujifilmsupport site and look for OS.x.  They have the updater there.

8.6 mb,

Paul

pcg

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 09:15:11 pm »

I'm looking at a S2 purchase, and run all PS work thru my Mac (which is running OS X). Does anyone out there use the S2 with OS X? If you know, please reply! Thanks--

Hank

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 03:27:54 pm »

Fuji has been promising an OSX version for months now, but missed a succession of release dates.  I can't dredge up the details now, but an individual has come up with their own beta version and announced it in the dpreview Fuji SLR Talk forum in the last few weeks.  I didn't pursue it becuase I still believed Fuji at the time, but am reconsidering.  Fuji also has made OSX noises about their studio management software package, but no joy there either.  So far however, tiff performance with the S2 has been so good that we haven't felt too put out by the lack of OSX support for RAW.  We haven't bothered to try tethered shooting in our studio, because in our experience clients become more interested in the monitor than in listening to us.

Hank
Pages: [1]   Go Up