Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: profoto air?  (Read 1869 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
profoto air?
« on: February 22, 2009, 06:08:17 pm »

does anyone have any experience with this system? does it work? and i don't just mean the wireless trigger, but the wireless mac/pc based software controlling the heads/packs.....the new D1 monos have this built in and it just looks amazing...especially for the price...which is not that often with profoto....

BJNY

profoto air?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:35:20 pm »

Quote from: pss
does anyone have any experience with this system? does it work? and i don't just mean the wireless trigger, but the wireless mac/pc based software controlling the heads/packs.....the new D1 monos have this built in and it just looks amazing...especially for the price...which is not that often with profoto....

I've only heard about Broncolors being controlled wirelessly so far,
probably because Pro-8 hasn't shipped in quantity yet?

Is pricing & availability known for the D1?
Guillermo

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
profoto air?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:43:55 pm »

It seems like there was a place that had posted pricing on the d1's but I can't think of it it off the top my head...

Im sure a google search would turn up something. I was reading that they now have a built in reflector? Seems a bit odd based on profotos light mods...

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
profoto air?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 10:57:36 pm »

b&h has them listed...singles or as kits....the 500ws air is about 1175.....a kit with 2 500 air is about 2675.....

the built in reflectors, wireless trigger and mac control along with the size and weight and superfast recycle and still consistent output and color....for that price....very nice...

they also have 250 and 1000...and all versions non air as well....

i will be getting a demo soon, but was wondering if the whole air thing (the mac control part of it) actually works....
Pages: [1]   Go Up