Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metz 45CL - 4 flash  (Read 2893 times)

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
Metz 45CL - 4 flash
« on: June 06, 2003, 12:40:03 pm »

Hi Kate,

Just set the flash on TTL and the camera will do all the work for you. The manual settings are for non automatic cameras, but even then one will more often use the aperture settings.

BTW I use this flash with a Pentax SLR for weddings, and I like it a lot. I am sure you will too.

Hope this helps, Wim
I don't have a signature.

photokat

Metz 45CL - 4 flash
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 04:41:17 pm »

Thanks for replies Sergio and Wim.

Will set metz on TTL as suggested.

(Stupid me - no time to do test roll!! am an IDIOT!)  Will get more prepared next time.

Thanks Kate

PHOTOKAT

Metz 45CL - 4 flash
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 07:03:54 am »

I have a Metz 45CL-4 flash which I use for weddings.

I am not a professional due to ill health, consequently haven't done a wedding for some time.

On getting out all my kit today, I find I have a total mental blank about my Metz flash!

I use Canon EOS 5 camera bodied with usually a 28-135 usm image stabilising lens for weddings.

I have the SCA 311 adaptor for it which I use, enabling me to just use the flash on TTL setting.  I use program mode on my camera as it usually gives an aperture of around F8.

There are some shots in this wedding where I am forced to be very close to the bride and groom, and wanted to use 1/2 0r 1/4 flash.

On looking at the head of the Metz, these settings have Manual by them.  What should I set my camera on (aperture and shutter), or can I still use the Program mode with manual since I have the adaptor connected?

Please, please, any help would be very gratefully received.

Kate Coombs

sergio

• http://www.sergiobartelsman.com
Metz 45CL - 4 flash
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2003, 02:40:05 pm »

My advice : make a test roll if you can. 24 hr drugstore developing or whatever. But be sure that your gear is working properly and that you feel at ease with it. That will make you feel more confident for your assignment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up