Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to increase ink lay down with iPF5000  (Read 2025 times)

mvnelson

how to increase ink lay down with iPF5000
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:02:50 am »

Hello this is my first post and hope this hasn't been asked before but I need some advice.  I am interested in using my ipf5000 for creating colorized digital negatives for alternative processes like pt/pd . I am using Pictorico OHP and Canon Transparency clear films. The short of it is I need a way to directly INCREASE the amount of ink lay down on these films to get the ink densities for optimal results.  I don't see a way to do this through the standard or PS plugin .  I hear that with the Epson printers are capable of doing this.  I have used the glossy photo paper settings and tried the special media 5 setting (which gave almost identical results) which were ok but I need denser (like 2x-3x).  If there is no way to do this directly is there  a possibility to do this through the .icc profiling technique and if so who do I call?   Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Miles

Outback Shooter

how to increase ink lay down with iPF5000
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:31:43 am »

Quote from: mvnelson
Hello this is my first post and hope this hasn't been asked before but I need some advice. I am interested in using my ipf5000 for creating colorized digital negatives for alternative processes like pt/pd . I am using Pictorico OHP and Canon Transparency clear films. The short of it is I need a way to directly INCREASE the amount of ink lay down on these films to get the ink densities for optimal results. I don't see a way to do this through the standard or PS plugin . I hear that with the Epson printers are capable of doing this. I have used the glossy photo paper settings and tried the special media 5 setting (which gave almost identical results) which were ok but I need denser (like 2x-3x). If there is no way to do this directly is there a possibility to do this through the .icc profiling technique and if so who do I call? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I own the IPF5100, the upgrade, and can only reply based off of my model.  Your request is a very simple one though...  In the printer driver itself, not PS, just go to advanced settings and add saturation which will lay more ink.  This is why I have to do for my canvas printing.  It's the same place that you can change your black from warm to cool and vice versus, change the hue, temp, etc.  Normally folks do this in PS, but what you're requesting is to do this from the printer, which is done via the printer driver in advanced settings from the main menu.

Cheers!

Debbie

Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up