Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax Digital and Leica R8/9 digital Back  (Read 2822 times)

Ken Dunham

Pentax Digital and Leica R8/9 digital Back
« on: March 29, 2003, 03:01:11 pm »

Azo_man: I think you'll find most people here are more interested in photography than the rumor mill.

Pentax has said little about the "*ist D" beyond what was in the press release. For example, it is not yet listed as a product on their web site, and pricing has not been announced. The launch is listed as being scheduled for July.

Pentax Press Release

Marshal

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 06:10:34 pm »

Rumors are always interesting, but they're worthless until official announcements are made. That's at least one reason rumors are not allowed at Rob Galbraith's site.

Some new cameras or gadgets may be in the planning or development stages, but if they don't work out, don't make it into production, what good does that do any of us?  

I'd rather have one official announcement then a hundred rumors.

azo_man

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 12:00:56 pm »

Does any one have any details about the Pentax digital?  When will they ship?  How much?  

There is also a strong rumor of a Leica digital back for the R8/9, 10+MP full frame.  Anyone hear anything about that?

Just doing my part to stir up the rumor mill as a new contributor to this forum!

azo_man

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 05:24:49 pm »

With all due respect, anyone who reads this site and thinks that there isn't a strong interest in the latest gagets, as well as good photography, is fooling themselves.

Our host has changed camera systems more often than Mickey Rooney has changed wives!  And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up