Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems installing 5.2 or 5.3  (Read 3959 times)

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Problems installing 5.2 or 5.3
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:41:19 am »

I'm sure to all you techno-geeks this is duck soup, but I can't get either 5.2 or 5.3 to install. I'm currently running 5.0, but hear there are some nice improvements with the new updates. I never had this problem with CS3 where with Windows XP Adobe would send me the updates and they installed with no problem. When I try to install either of these latest updates I get a window which states "Please close Adobe Bridge before installing". Adobe Bridge is not open! What is going on here?
 I have Windows Vista Ultima if it makes a difference.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:12:33 am by JohnBrew »

sniper

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:35:34 am »

Are you using the auto update thing or installing the plug-in manually?  personally the auto update has never once worked properly for me, it always has a problem of some kind, I just install manually now.  Wayne

Kerry L

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:20 am »

Quote from: JohnBrew
I'm sure to all you techno-geeks this is duck soup, but I can't get either 5.2 or 5.3 to install. I'm currently running 5.0, but hear there are some nice improvements with the new updates. I never had this problem with CS3 where with Windows XP Adobe would send me the updates and they installed with no problem. When I try to install either of these latest updates I get a window which states "Please close Adobe Bridge before installing". Adobe Bridge is not open! What is going on here?
 I have Windows Vista Ultima if it makes a difference.

If you haven't resolved this yet, Bridge has the option of being installed to "run in background". You need to remove this from the Start menu. Close Bridge and then do the install.
"Try and let your mind see more than you
Pages: [1]   Go Up