Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QImage-Z3100 driver issue  (Read 1466 times)

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
QImage-Z3100 driver issue
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:29:44 am »

Just had a curios event. Sent a job via Qimage to the Z3100, and got a funky looking print that smelled of double profiling. Sure enough, the setting in the Z3100 driver for application manged color went back to printer managed sRGB. Tried to reset a couple times, and same results.

Anyone know of a fix? Seems like it's an HP problem, Q Image behaves well with the Canon driver.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 11:52:36 am »

Quote from: marcsitkin
Just had a curios event. Sent a job via Qimage to the Z3100, and got a funky looking print that smelled of double profiling. Sure enough, the setting in the Z3100 driver for application manged color went back to printer managed sRGB. Tried to reset a couple times, and same results.

Anyone know of a fix? Seems like it's an HP problem, Q Image behaves well with the Canon driver.

It's something I reported almost two years ago.
I changed the default in Start>Settings>Printers>Z3100>preference. Actually made some printing shortcuts with the right CM settings etc there. If it falls back to the default it is at least to the right CM setting. For the B&W mode you better make a new default shortcut too. In HP's wisdom they gave it application CM while HP's recommendation is Printer's CM. If you go in Qimage to the driver the other shortcuts tend to stick better too than changing the individual settings.
It could well be that starting the printer again solves the problem for some time. That is a panacea for many Z3100 flaws.

Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:26:46 pm »

Thanks Ernst, I'll try out the suggestions. First problem I've had like this, so maybe the power cycling will help..
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 05:12:06 am »

I had a similar problem where the settings with Qimage wouldn't reload to the settings I made for each printing profile. The printer went to its default settings. Reloading didn't work. The saved settings had to be deleted and set up again. Only happened once. This may help.

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up