Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aptus 17: Random touchscreen inputs, many inputs ignored  (Read 1902 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Aptus 17: Random touchscreen inputs, many inputs ignored
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:04:43 am »

I have a Leaf Aptus 17 with the latest software installed and I have calibrated the touchscreen. I have also restored the factory defaults.

When I use the back, random inputs take over touchscreen. If I use the keypad to enter text, for example, in Camera mode/File name, I start entering characters and then the cursor jumps a few characters to the left. Some characters might be entered to the left of the cursor and others are not entered at all. I try to delete characters but the deletion might start at a different place from where the cursor is. It took me about 3 mins to enter "February2009" correctly!

In Shoot mode, I might take a shot and tap the histogram button but the back brings up the previous shot. Sometimes, it it brings up the previous two or three shots in sequence.

And so it goes on. There is no consistency and it´s driving me mad! The image files are fine.

Do you have any ideas to fix the problem?
Roger
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:10:41 pm by rogerxnz »
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

yaya

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:21:13 am »

Quote from: rogerxnz
Do you have any ideas to fix the problem?
Roger

Yes, don't go mad go to a Leaf dealer

Yair

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:19:40 pm »

Thank you, Yair, for your reply.

Is it possible for me to reset the software in the back and restore the firmware before I have to face the slow and expensive process of sending the back overseas?

Roger

Quote from: yaya
Yes, don't go mad go to a Leaf dealer

Yair
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

yaya

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:29:05 am »

Quote from: rogerxnz
Thank you, Yair, for your reply.

Is it possible for me to reset the software in the back and restore the firmware before I have to face the slow and expensive process of sending the back overseas?

Roger

You can plug it into an older version of LC and then back to LC11.0.2 but my guess is that the screen will have to be replaced which is why I suggested that you contact a dealer. Contact me offline with details of where you are and we'll try to find "local" help for you.

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up