Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wierd Lightroom Copyright URL  (Read 2846 times)

Langsey

Wierd Lightroom Copyright URL
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:42:30 am »

When checking my Metadata on a few photos that are jpeg I prepared to go on a Church's  web site. I noticed at the bottom of the metadata section in Library titled copyright url info. there was website that was listed. True was the website. It is a dating service site. I did not place this there. I have never visited their site before. No reason to since I am happily married. I don't have a website. These photos were never been on the web. The photos were originally tiffs and saved for web in CS3. The tiffs didn't have this url listed. I am wondering how this site was listed. A virus of sorts? Has this happened to anybody else? Does anyone have an idea how this happened? The URL didn't show in bridge. It did show up in the file info in CS3 on the jpegs, not tiffs.  

John

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 08:59:00 am »

I've never seen anything like this. Knowing what platform you're using probably wouldn't hurt. Which are you using?

Langsey

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:56:56 am »

Quote from: tomrock
I've never seen anything like this. Knowing what platform you're using probably wouldn't hurt. Which are you using?

Windows XP Media Center.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:04:47 pm »

I don't know what to tell you. I just tried adding copyrights to a Canon CR2 and a Nikon NEF and didn't get any weird URLs.  I'm on a Mac, though. Could this be some sort of virus?

Langsey

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:50 pm »

This URL just popped up. I don't have a personal web site. I found out this is most likely a malware issue that attachs itself to a file(s). I am in the process of full system scan. Also doing a full virus scan.
I noticed you are from Indy. I grew up in the Broad Ripple area. Now living in Burlington, VT area.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up