Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightrrom Question  (Read 1850 times)

RDR

Lightrrom Question
« on: February 19, 2009, 10:00:31 am »

I'm kind of new to LR.  Really enjoy it so far.  Been using PS exclusively, so this may seem like a dumb question.  What is the LR equivalent to Levels in PS?  Thanks!

Kuryan Thomas

Lightrrom Question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:37:47 am »

Quote from: RDR
I'm kind of new to LR.  Really enjoy it so far.  Been using PS exclusively, so this may seem like a dumb question.  What is the LR equivalent to Levels in PS?  Thanks!
There is no direct equivalent. You can set the white point using Exposure, the black point using Black Level, and the gamma and midpoint using Brightness. But you're not really doing what Levels does, just sort of simulating the effect. You're better off learning how to adjust the image using the Lightroom tools, which in may ways are more powerful and easier to use.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:38:29 am by Kuryan Thomas »

Tklimek

Lightrrom Question
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:40:43 pm »

Hi...welcome to Lightroom and this forum!

I can really recommend the Luminous Landscape Lightroom II video tutorial.....I found it to be very very useful.  I think they might have a sample online here somewhere, but if you are new to Lightroom it is an excellent way to come up to speed quickly.

Cheers...

Todd

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Lightrrom Question
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:50:06 pm »

I think the Tone Curve panel in the Develop module comes close...you can control the curve itself, I think I read that the levels panel in PS was related to the tone curve but not quite as good, something like that...you can also adjust lights, darks, etc., in the Tone Curve panel...

I'd also recommend the video here at LL...or get a good book if that's better for you and how you learn...

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Lightrrom Question
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 09:01:11 am »

Everybody is right -- exposure, blacks and brightness or curves will give you the same effect.

And the LL LR tutorial is great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up