Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: apple cinema display  (Read 9779 times)

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
apple cinema display
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 01:06:52 pm »

Quote from: jjlphoto
Clients wreck the files anyway, so the Apples are good enough for most.

LOLOLOL! Yep.  On a similar note, I have this really nice (read expensive) color-managed viewing station and I used to obsess about proofing with it and getting print colors exactly right.  Then I realized that most of my customers hung them under halogen or worse (tungsten) lamps anyway.  So now I have a $10 hardware store lamp housing with a "kitchen white" GE bulb in it if I want to run a quick 'reality' check
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:07:48 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

woof75

apple cinema display
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 01:53:53 pm »

Quote from: jjlphoto
Clients wreck the files anyway, so the Apples are good enough for most.

Mine don't, they are actually remarkably good. I'll often like the printed magazine page as much as the inkjet.

woof75

apple cinema display
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 02:01:03 pm »

Hmm, just heard, apple has just stopped making the 20 inch version. Maybe there about to release there super light super thin super tough 20 inch screen with built in calibration? Or not.

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
apple cinema display
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »

Quote from: woof75
And how about accuracy for the retoucher compared to the Eizo? I'm not super interested in massive gamut displays, a display is just a reference for me, my printers gamut is smaller than rgb too so I'm probably as well missing some gamut on my display.

Hi
We have been working on a series of jobs for magazine & the Ad industry using the Apple Cinema display. This retouching house have a lot of them. They tried the Eizo out for a week & sent it back. Try looking on an angle with the Eizo (it  sucks ) & clients sit beside the retoucher ( an angle), we had the same problem shooting tethered with the Eizo, so we used the Apple cinema instead. This company has no problems using the Apple cinema for professional work.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
apple cinema display
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 09:03:37 am »

I noticed Apple dropped the 20" display yesterday. Maybe they're finally getting ready for an update.

Professional

apple cinema display
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 10:02:18 am »

Good that they dropped 20" and not 24" or 30", in all cases i don't look at 20" as my next monitor, but i am torn between 24" and 30", maybe i lean toward 30" more, but now they produce new 24" LCD so i will wait if they will produce new 30", if not then i am not sure if i should go with old 30" or new 24".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up