Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we ignore the problem with the Hy6/AFi Focus Screen?  (Read 9595 times)

yaya

Do we ignore the problem with the Hy6/AFi Focus Screen?
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 05:03:57 pm »

Quote from: paratom
I have used screens from brightscreen for my DMR some time ago.
It seems they also offer screens for Rollei and it seems they also willing to put crop lines on the screens.
http://www.brightscreen.com/styles.html
The screens I have used for the DMR are quite nice, I have NO EXPERIENCE with the ones for Rollei.
Cheers, Tom

You can see the AFi listed on their website with optional crop lines. Also check Reflexite as I believe they're working on it as well.

Yair

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 11:17:39 pm »

Quote from: yaya
I’ve attached a file with masks for Afi 7 and 10 with/without transparent edges. I Printed them on an inkjet film and tried them on my camera and they seem fairly accurate.

Of course this is a temporary solution and last night I got word that we’re going to have etched ones soon (soon means 2-3 months normally)
[attachment=11630:33_56MP_AFi_II.jpg]

I may wait 2-3 months for the dedicated, etched Hy6/AFi Focus Screen verses trying to order through a third party. I'm sure Yair will keep us updated on the progress and let us know when they are available.

Leaf is full of surprises. I only have to fill out a form to receive a free Hy6/AFi remote (cable) release. Who knows, maybe the new etched focus screen will be free?

Thanks Leaf!

and don't forget to etch the 4x3 crop marks on the Focus Screen for the AFi II 10 to fully support the portable SensorFlex solution.

David
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:33:34 am by H1/A75 Guy »

ynp

• http://
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:13 pm »

Thank you all for your excellent advise and information.

Yevgeny

BJNY

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 07:28:51 pm »

Yair,

The etched focusing screens are certainly a step in the right direction for the AFi platform,
just wish it were a fore-thought
as I greatly enjoyed working with the AFi5 for another three days last week.

Aside from the focusing screen,
would you have an idea when the 90degree finder and 120mm AF lens are expected to ship?

Thanks,
Billy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:23:27 am by BJNY »
Guillermo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up