Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya AFD II & Jenoptik M11  (Read 1927 times)

nubins

• http://www.lightboxf8.com
Mamiya AFD II & Jenoptik M11
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:06 am »

Does anyone have experience with the AFD II and M11? I need help with setting up the camera and back to work together.

I have used the M11 on other cameras like a DigiFlex and TrueWide so I know the M11 works. I just received the AFD II a few days ago and it seems in very good working condition. So this seems like a setup issue.

I have the sync cable connected to the flash "PC" outlet and the M11. The M11 powers on and is recognized by CapturePro. CapturePro is set up to AFD in the "Camera Settings" preferences.

Every time I trip the shutter the M11 does not capture an image. The Digiflex had no problem and captured every time I tripped the shutter.

I was testing in low light so shutter speed was around 1/2 so I doubt there would be a flash sync issue to trigger the M11 (I wasn't using flash).

Also I am very new to this camera, how do you keep the shutter opened so you can use liveview in CapturePro. I could use bulb but I was hoping there was an easier way.

Thanks

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:24:20 pm »

I think you would have to use bulb for the LV. That's what I have to do with my Contax, with a cable release.

Can't help you with your other problem because I've never used a Mamiya. Maybe you need the winder cable too. Is there a shutter speed slider in the software when you select Mamiya AFD as the camera? When I used that back with a Fuji 680 I had to tell the software the shutter speed I had set on the camera otherwise there were weird timing issues and streaking on the image.

Ben

nubins

• http://www.lightboxf8.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:27:32 am »

I figured I would have to use bulb but I was wondering if there was another way to keep the shutter open for an indefinite amount of time using live view.

I am still waiting to hear back from Sinar to see if they have any documentation about using any of the Precision backs with the cameras they support in the software. The set up is not as obvious as some may think, especially if you are not use to MF at all.

Unfortunately there is no M11 manual only the manual for CapturePro so I am not really sure what else to do. In the meantime I will keep trying different settings and see what I come up with.

Quote from: bdp
I think you would have to use bulb for the LV. That's what I have to do with my Contax, with a cable release.

Can't help you with your other problem because I've never used a Mamiya. Maybe you need the winder cable too. Is there a shutter speed slider in the software when you select Mamiya AFD as the camera? When I used that back with a Fuji 680 I had to tell the software the shutter speed I had set on the camera otherwise there were weird timing issues and streaking on the image.

Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up