Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge CS4 and Windows  (Read 2069 times)

alangubbay

Bridge CS4 and Windows
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:16:01 am »

When using Windows slide show or Bridge CS4 or Bridge CS3 to look at j.pegs or tiffs, these show 0.5 EV too light!  If I then open these files in Photoshop they appear normal.  PSD files also appear normal in Bridge. However if I convert to j.pegs for projection they become too light.  Can any one help with this maddening problem?       Alan

KeithR

Bridge CS4 and Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:53:43 am »

Quote from: alangubbay
When using Windows slide show or Bridge CS4 or Bridge CS3 to look at j.pegs or tiffs, these show 0.5 EV too light!  If I then open these files in Photoshop they appear normal.  PSD files also appear normal in Bridge. However if I convert to j.pegs for projection they become too light.  Can any one help with this maddening problem?       Alan
Sounds like a color managment problem. What color space are you working in? Your Windows is sRGB and you are probably working in aRGB or ProPhotoRGB. Might want to check that out.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

alangubbay

Bridge CS4 and Windows
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:37:14 pm »

I normally work in Prophoto and 16 bits but convert to sRGB and 8 bits for j.pegs.  It cannot be a colour problem.  Files look normal when opened in Photshop but too light when looked at by Bridge or Windows.  Colour is normal
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:42:37 pm by alangubbay »
Pages: [1]   Go Up