Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seagate Automatic Sync and Backups  (Read 2765 times)

blansky

Seagate Automatic Sync and Backups
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »

Presently I have 4 external hard drives that I use for backing up my files, the more recent of which, can change daily as I work on them.

A couple of years ago I had Maxtor Automatic sync and backups and I found as I was checking some files that they weren't backing everything up. So I dumped the software and since then I've just manually backed up my files, daily, weekly and monthly.

Yesterday I bought another Seagate 1TB and it comes with the automatic software and I was wondering if people trust it to backup the files or if I should just continue doing it manually.

Michael

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:50:23 pm »

Quote from: blansky
Presently I have 4 external hard drives that I use for backing up my files, the more recent of which, can change daily as I work on them.

A couple of years ago I had Maxtor Automatic sync and backups and I found as I was checking some files that they weren't backing everything up. So I dumped the software and since then I've just manually backed up my files, daily, weekly and monthly.

Yesterday I bought another Seagate 1TB and it comes with the automatic software and I was wondering if people trust it to backup the files or if I should just continue doing it manually.

Michael

For PC try "Mirror Folder," for Mac try "Carbon Copy Cloner" or "Super Duper."  All work very well for their stated purposes.

Cheers,
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:31:55 pm »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
For PC try "Mirror Folder," for Mac try "Carbon Copy Cloner" or "Super Duper."  All work very well for their stated purposes.

Cheers,

Great recommendation Jack as usual. I am using it as I write this. Thanks.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings
Pages: [1]   Go Up