Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to locate DNG converter  (Read 1553 times)

NigelC

Trying to locate DNG converter
« on: February 16, 2009, 08:15:14 am »

Can someone help with this?

I was installing my existing CS2 upgrade on a new Vista 64 box last night (good job I kept the old PS7 CD and serial number otherwise my CS2 upgrade disc would be useless!) and then went onto Adobe website to download the DNG converter and ACR 3.7 file. I then copied the ACR file into what I think was the right folder (Vista default directory structure seems different to XP). When I subsequently opened Photoshop, it automatically logged on for upgrade 9.02 and ACR 3.7 (probably got 2 versions of that now!) However, can't find DNG converter anywhere - where might it have gone? I'd prefer not to download it again as that would mean 3 copies of ACR 3.7 prowling around my machine.

Secondary question - when I do locate it where can I find instructions on how to use it? I want to open my raw LX3 files in ACR and not use Silkypix.  (not yet ready to pay for CS4 upgrade with ACR 5.x )

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
Trying to locate DNG converter
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:53 am »

Quote from: NigelC
However, can't find DNG converter anywhere - where might it have gone? I'd prefer not to download it again as that would mean 3 copies of ACR 3.7 prowling around my machine.
You should indeed download it, it is provided independently from ACR now.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4214

Secondary question - when I do locate it where can I find instructions on how to use it? I want to open my raw LX3 files in ACR and not use Silkypix.  (not yet ready to pay for CS4 upgrade with ACR 5.x )
All instructions are on the aformentioned DNG converter page. As said there, it creates a demosaiced DNG, so I'd advice you to keep your original raw files.

On a related note, there are also all the necessary installation instructions on the ACR download page (ie where is the right place to put the ACR 8bi file).
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up