Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AFi/Hy6 viewfinder mask  (Read 2201 times)

ynp

• http://
AFi/Hy6 viewfinder mask
« on: February 14, 2009, 01:05:53 pm »

I have a Rollei version of the Hy6 and I use it with an old 6008 viewfinder mask. It Is not accurate.
I visited my Sinar/Leaf dealer couples of days ago to order a proper mask for my eMotion 54LV
or a screen with the accurate engraved lines. They did not have anything in stock and I wonder what
other photographers use. What kind of a screen you would recommend me? Maxwell?

The dealer had a AFi-10 brochure and he tried to hard sell me the new Leaf system. I cannot say that I want this big 3x4
back. But something in the brochure intrigued me. It says that  mentioned  AFI-10 back uses the new
SensorFlex technology: you can predefine  the size of your capture within the frame of the sensor (AFAIK no
binning on the Leaf back). It looks that the chosen size/shape does not automatically transmits to the viewfinder.

As I understand Leaf wants us to use the rear display to see the frame. Am I correct? If it's true, why they
do not use a  Liquid crystal dimmer ? It is a clear glass with some electric wiring inside and a simple chip that can
control the masks on the viewfinder. It is no Hi-Tech,  I have the Liquid crystal dimmer plate in my loo window...  

Thank you,
Yevgeny

H1/A75 Guy

AFi/Hy6 viewfinder mask
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 05:11:36 pm »

Quote from: ynp
But something in the brochure intrigued me. It says that  mentioned  AFI-10 back uses the new
SensorFlex technology: you can predefine  the size of your capture within the frame of the sensor (AFAIK no
binning on the Leaf back). It looks that the chosen size/shape does not automatically transmits to the viewfinder.

As I understand Leaf wants us to use the rear display to see the frame. Am I correct?

No, you are incorrect.

Leaf wants your AFi II 10 tethered while you look at your computer monitor for the crop per LC v. 11.2.3. Currently, Sensorflex technology can only crop pixels in LC V. 11.2.3 with a scaleable output of Full, 3x4, and 1x1 on your computer screen.

There is no provision for scaleable Sensorflex on the AFi II 10 in portable mode. Only a statement by Leaf that, "Cropped sensor sizes will be available for Leaf AFi-II 10 camera systems in portable mode in the future."

Hope this helps, and I sure hope you bought an AFi II 7 when Leaf was giving them away in Europe for a little bit more than the price of a throw-away camera a month ago. It even included a lens!

David

ynp

• http://
AFi/Hy6 viewfinder mask
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 08:33:48 am »

Quote from: H1/A75 Guy
No, you are incorrect.

Leaf wants your AFi II 10 tethered while you look at your computer monitor for the crop per LC v. 11.2.3. Currently, Sensorflex technology can only crop pixels in LC V. 11.2.3 with a scaleable output of Full, 3x4, and 1x1 on your computer screen.

There is no provision for scaleable Sensorflex on the AFi II 10 in portable mode. Only a statement by Leaf that, "Cropped sensor sizes will be available for Leaf AFi-II 10 camera systems in portable mode in the future."

David,
Thank you for the information. All the new terms such as SensorFlex  or  Sensor + technology sound confusing sometimes for a layman.  
I just hoped to shoot square images again and see the crop in the viewfinder, that is why I asked.
The new Leaf is interesting  because Sinar announced that they would market the AFi II as a Sinarback. And I have no information whether they will have the interchangeable adapters with this back. I have plans to upgrade to a new 1 shot back, but I hope to use the new back on my Sinar-M and ALPA cameras and I am not sure how the AFi-10 can be used with anything but  the HY6/AFi and ArTec, ALPA or other tech cameras. It means no focal plane camera with the AFi-10!

Quote from: H1/A75 Guy
Hope this helps, and I sure hope you bought an AFi II 7 when Leaf was giving them away in Europe for a little bit more than the price of a throw-away camera a month ago. It even included a lens!

David
I am not so sure that I live in Europe (being in Russia)  
I have never heard about "give away prices" here. The last time I checked the AFI II 7 was being sold for Euro 28,000.00 here.

Yevgeny
Pages: [1]   Go Up