Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens cast correction  (Read 30489 times)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Lens cast correction
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 02:14:15 am »

So here is the process in Phocus...

1.  Load up your custom white shot in Phocus (either shooting tethered or from a CF card).  This is the shot we are all used to, ie through a plexi filter etc etc.

2.  Click 'Create' in the Lens Corrections tool...

[attachment=11882:Picture_1.png]

3.  Give it a useful name.  Could be '23mm +5mm Shift' for example if you were building a lens correction library.  Or it could relate to a specific image

[attachment=11883:Picture_2.png]

4.  Check the Custom White box to apply to the current image.  Loading up any other image will retain the custom white setting you made, you just tick the box if you want to apply it or not.  The name of the Custom White setting (so you know which one you are using!) is named to the right (23mm + 5m...) in this case.

[attachment=11884:Picture_3.png]

5.  If you want to use it at a later date, you can create a preset by clicking on the small arrow at the top of the Lens Corrections tool.

[attachment=11885:Picture_4.png]

6.  Then it can be recalled at any time.

[attachment=11886:Picture_5.png]

I hope that helps!

Note - if you want to do a batch correction of images, look in the image above and you will see the option 'Modify Lens Corrections of Selected files'.  So if you select a bunch of images you can make a batch modification like so.  Or you could use the more extensive 'Modify' dialogue.

The process also works for tethered capture.  Shoot CW, Apply, shoot further images.

David
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:36:24 am by David Grover / Hasselblad »
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
Lens cast correction
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2009, 02:30:15 am »

Thanks, David. Is it the same in Flexcolor? I have an older laptop that won't run Phocus.

Kumar

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Lens cast correction
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2009, 02:35:09 am »

FlexColor is not quite as advanced I am afraid.

It was written primarily for tethered captures.  ie.  Shoot Custom White, Apply, Shoot actual Image, and not much flexibility otherwise.

However, if you have captured some images to CF card, or an Image Bank, if you import the CW shot, apply it and then import further captures, they should also have the CW applied.

I am going from memory and haven't tried in a while, but have a go and let me know if it doesn't do the trick.

Best,

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

fraherim

Lens cast correction
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2009, 04:44:33 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
FlexColor is not quite as advanced I am afraid.

It was written primarily for tethered captures.  ie.  Shoot Custom White, Apply, Shoot actual Image, and not much flexibility otherwise.

However, if you have captured some images to CF card, or an Image Bank, if you import the CW shot, apply it and then import further captures, they should also have the CW applied.

I am going from memory and haven't tried in a while, but have a go and let me know if it doesn't do the trick.

Best,

David
David,
The Phocus version looks great!!!
Right now I can only use the FlexColor version being on the PC format.
I know the software developers have been busy on the Firmware upgrade but any indication on when a Phocus PC version with this feature will be available?  Even as a beta...

Thanks,
Bob
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up