Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper, and the need to update the firmware of my printer.  (Read 1817 times)

Bill Koenig

I have a two year old Epson 3800 and just purchased some Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper. One of the first things on the list that came with this paper was to update the firmware, below is a copy from there web site.

<We highly suggest that you visit the Epson Professional Imaging web site to make sure you've <downloaded and installed the most current printer driver and firmware for your particular printers.

Has anyone done this? Updating firmware makes me a bit nervous, and I don't what do it unless its absolutely necessary. If this update goes bad, I would most likely have send the printer in for service.
When updating the printer driver do I have to un install the old one first? Where do I find which version that I'm currently running?

Thanks for your thoughts, and any help with this.

Bill Koenig,

Doombrain

Don't worry.

Using the LFP Remote Panel tool is very safe. The Pro3800 has a fail safe system built in for updates. If the update is cut short of fails for any other reason the printer will revert back to the last version of firmware.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

Quote from: Bill Koenig
I have a two year old Epson 3800 and just purchased some Epson Exhibition Fiber Paper. One of the first things on the list that came with this paper was to update the firmware, below is a copy from there web site.

<We highly suggest that you visit the Epson Professional Imaging web site to make sure you've <downloaded and installed the most current printer driver and firmware for your particular printers.

Has anyone done this? Updating firmware makes me a bit nervous, and I don't what do it unless its absolutely necessary. If this update goes bad, I would most likely have send the printer in for service.
When updating the printer driver do I have to un install the old one first? Where do I find which version that I'm currently running?

Thanks for your thoughts, and any help with this.

Updated my 2 3800's with no problems.

Bill Koenig

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Updated my 2 3800's with no problems.

Thanks for the reply's, updated everything last night, didn't have any trouble at all.
Bill Koenig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up