Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at the 7880  (Read 1813 times)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
Looking at the 7880
« on: February 10, 2009, 01:50:34 pm »

I got round to finishing my review of the Epson 7880 - partly from having a New Year's burst of finishing reviews and partly since I'm finally off to Epson UK next month to have a good look at the 7900/9900.

Hope it's of interest - obviously much like the 4880 in print quality, but it's giving excellent service here (no clogs or any day to day usage problems)

The only problem I noticed was when driving it from a Mac (10.4.11) over a network where colorsync got in a tangle and wanted to apply profiles. Fortunately, forcing it to use 'generic RGB' stopped this double profiling.
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

stevegoldenberg

• Steve Goldenberg Photography
Looking at the 7880
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55:44 am »

Quote from: keith_cooper
I got round to finishing my review of the Epson 7880 - partly from having a New Year's burst of finishing reviews and partly since I'm finally off to Epson UK next month to have a good look at the 7900/9900.

Hope it's of interest - obviously much like the 4880 in print quality, but it's giving excellent service here (no clogs or any day to day usage problems)

The only problem I noticed was when driving it from a Mac (10.4.11) over a network where colorsync got in a tangle and wanted to apply profiles. Fortunately, forcing it to use 'generic RGB' stopped this double profiling.

Keith - thank you for that review, it's excellent work.  

I'm happy to hear that you're investigating the 7900/9900s as well.  Do you plan a similar in-depth review for them?

- Steve G
Steve Goldenberg
Street &
Pages: [1]   Go Up