Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snowland II  (Read 1629 times)

Timo Löfgren

Snowland II
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:21:49 am »

John R

Snowland II
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:24:37 am »

It's a beautiful scene and I like the highlights in the snow. However, the scene looks busy. On my monitor everything looks darkish and dull gray and neither the white of the snow nor the highlights come through that well. Perhaps this is due to the BW conversion. IMO, the bottom half cropped makes for a better image.[attachment=11432:Snowland2_1__copy.jpg]

JMR
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:52:15 am by John R »

babel

• http://www.douglasmcbride.com
Snowland II
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 03:20:58 pm »

Quote from: John R
It's a beautiful scene and I like the highlights in the snow. However, the scene looks busy. On my monitor everything looks darkish and dull gray and neither the white of the snow nor the highlights come through that well. Perhaps this is due to the BW conversion. IMO, the bottom half cropped makes for a better image.[attachment=11432:Snowland2_1__copy.jpg]

JMR

I like this image

However the re-crop makes me want to explore the forest floor..so now the tree on the right is in the way

It takes my eye up out of the frame

Even the right hand part of the picture is interesting but the same problem occurs, there's that tree in the way

On the positive side, the moment caught in the winter trees makes me want to be there
Pages: [1]   Go Up