Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure 6.1.1 Released  (Read 20466 times)

Nicolas Flamel

Sinar eXposure 6.1.1 Released
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 06:57:19 am »

Quote from: bdp
Below is a section from the readme file that came with 6.1.1. Are these any of your issues?

•  When using the Sinar eXposure™ 6.1.1 software with Sinarback eVolution 75 H with Sinar p3 and sliding adapter, the LC shutter moves in front of the lens when sliding the ground glass into viewing position.

•  Using the LC-Shutter with the Sinarback eVolution 75 H and the AUX socket of the Hasselblad V Generic adapter plate 552.36.250 is currently not supported.

Sounds like they are still working on the LC shutter/eVolution75 combination.
Ben

No, I use a Sinar X with Copal Shutters and the CTRL socket of the Generic adapter, not the AUX. I tried that with the 4x5" adapter too. Currently the log fils are checked at SINAR Switzerland I think.

Cheers

Nico

museumbrich4d

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:27 pm »

Did we lose the ability for a preview image with eXposure?
Using 75H
P3
CMV Shutter

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 09:57:10 pm »

yes, this is currently so, in eXposure 6.1.1

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: museumbrich4d
Did we lose the ability for a preview image with eXposure?
Using 75H
P3
CMV Shutter
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

museumbrich4d

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 11:01:53 am »

Can you explain how captures using Sinar eXposure require about a stop and a half more exposure than with Captureshop 5.6.2? I might be conservative on only one and a half stops.

Is there an eyedropper that is independent from the color picker? What is the sampling that the color picker is using? 3x3, 5x5, point?

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 11:40:36 am »

Can you explain how captures using Sinar eXposure require about a stop and a half more exposure than with Captureshop 5.6.2? I might be conservative on only one and a half stops.
This should not be!

Possible causes:

- not the same toning curve used ("Standard 3" in CS and "Linear" in eXposure, by default)
- may be the "Exposure Compensation" plugin is active in CS and not in the eXposure, or vice-versa, and set to a value
- may be the "Brightness/Contrast" plugin is active in CS and not in eXposure, or vice-versa, and set to a value

Is there an eyedropper that is independent from the color picker?
There is no "Info" picker currently, but the RGB values are continuously refreshed and indicated

What is the sampling that the color picker is using? 3x3, 5x5, point?
It is 5x5

Best regards,
Thierry
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:48:12 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Florian Groehn

• http://www.floriangroehn.com
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2009, 08:32:46 pm »

Quote from: zalephoto
Downloaded the software and seemed to have run into a problem. I have an eVolution 75. I guess the first question is is the software able to work correctly with my camera? I get the preview but every time I open the detail view I get a hard crash out to the system. I am working on a Macbook pro Intel Core 2 Duo  2.33GHz with 3 GB of memory. Only program running is eXposure. Other than that it seems to work. But right now it is hard to tell until I can run through the whole program. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Hey Richard,

Not sure if this is related but i am using the same generation macbook (2.53 GHZ Intel Core Duo, 4gb ram) and i get a hard crash regularly as well when my camera is connected via Firewire with a firewire (400 to 800 ) adapter as the camera is firewire 400 and the macbook only has the new firewire 800 port ONLY now. I am using an emotion 75 back. I tried different brands of adapters and firewire cables etc to c what the problem is caused by.   It works fine with older macbooks. The computer crashes pretty much every second time i disconnect the fire wire and also during shooting.

Has anybody else encountered these problems with this setup at all ?

Florian

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2009, 03:27:35 am »

Quote from: Florian Groehn
Hey Richard,

Not sure if this is related but i am using the same generation macbook (2.53 GHZ Intel Core Duo, 4gb ram) and i get a hard crash regularly as well when my camera is connected via Firewire with a firewire (400 to 800 ) adapter as the camera is firewire 400 and the macbook only has the new firewire 800 port ONLY now. I am using an emotion 75 back. I tried different brands of adapters and firewire cables etc to c what the problem is caused by.   It works fine with older macbooks. The computer crashes pretty much every second time i disconnect the fire wire and also during shooting.

Has anybody else encountered these problems with this setup at all ?

Florian

I use an eMotion 75LV with a new Macbook Pro and 6.1.1 hardly ever crashes. Maybe twice since 6.1.1 has been out. Then again I don't regularly disconnect and reconnect the camera. I use a Sonnet brand 800-400 adapter.

Ben
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up