Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure 6.1.1 Released  (Read 20449 times)

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Sinar eXposure 6.1.1 Released
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 08:56:14 pm »

hi Nico,

Yes, the "Read Me" says this exactly: AUX not supported with Hassi Gen Adapter. I have to ask about the "Ctrl" plug.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Nicolas Flamel
I got it! And I have the first question: I am using the 75H witrh the Hassi Gen Adapter and LC shutter. The shutter is using the Ctrl plug and not the AUX plug. But the shutter is not working. Live viev just works withot the shutter and when I shoote the LC shutter is moving!

Tnx

Nico
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 09:02:59 pm »

Dear Philippe,

I have been communicating that the 6.1 version will not support older FW generation backs (54M, 54 H and 43).

I do not have an ETA for this support, but shall inform as soon as I have it.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: PdF
eXposure 6.1.1 is available. OK.

But, when will eXposure be efficient for the prehistoric backs like 54H and 43H, as promised since more than two years ?

What is the future software development of the 54H (the biggest files in 16 shots) and the 43H (maybe the best for some types of work, like jewelery pictures)?

PdF
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 10:27:10 pm »

Dear Richard,

Yes, 6.1.1 does support the eVolution 75, and there is not such bug we are aware of or reported up to now. FYI: I have myself exactly the same MacbookPro Intel Core 2 Duo with 2.33 GHz, and haven't run into this since using it. It is therefore difficult to tell. Please send a "Crash Log" as well as a "computer profile" (System Profiler) saved as XML through your dealer, that is the only thing which will help to address it.

But please do a few things before, just to make sure:

- trash all the "eXposure" preferences
- make a re-install of eXposure

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: zalephoto
Downloaded the software and seemed to have run into a problem. I have an eVolution 75. I guess the first question is is the software able to work correctly with my camera? I get the preview but every time I open the detail view I get a hard crash out to the system. I am working on a Macbook pro Intel Core 2 Duo  2.33GHz with 3 GB of memory. Only program running is eXposure. Other than that it seems to work. But right now it is hard to tell until I can run through the whole program. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 10:31:53 pm »

Dear Mitchell,

If you are happy with the version 6.01, and if it does work for you, you don't HAVE TO use to new 6.1.1 version.

However, as said by Ben, there are many new features and as well a processing speed improvement, as well as some IQ improvements due to the processing algorithm.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Mitchell Baum
If I have a 75Lv, and don't need white shading, is there any reason for me to install this?

Thanks and best,

Mitchell
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

zalephoto

• http://zalephoto.com
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 01:39:14 am »

Quote from: thsinar
Dear Richard,

Yes, 6.1.1 does support the eVolution 75, and there is not such bug we are aware of or reported up to now. FYI: I have myself exactly the same MacbookPro Intel Core 2 Duo with 2.33 GHz, and haven't run into this since using it. It is therefore difficult to tell. Please send a "Crash Log" as well as a "computer profile" (System Profiler) saved as XML through your dealer, that is the only thing which will help to address it.

But please do a few things before, just to make sure:

- trash all the "eXposure" preferences
- make a re-install of eXposure

Best regards,
Thierry
Thanks. I will try that. Just to be absolutely sure the preferences are what and where? I wouldn't want to go mucking around and create greater problems.

By the way, the whole program was rather "flaky" in the beginning in multiple areas but it seemed to settle down to the one area I wrote about. Another question: do the focus boxes allow for resizing? I.E.: can they be made larger? I photograph small products with fine detail and right now the focus windows are narrow vertical windows. Thanks for all your help.

Richard
zalephoto.com

Nicolas Flamel

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 01:47:38 am »

hi Nico,

Yes, the "Read Me" says this exactly: AUX not supported with Hassi Gen Adapter. I have to ask about the "Ctrl" plug.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hi, Thierry!
Thank you very much! I did not know that the AUX could be used for using the LC Shutter. This not the standard way isn´t it?

I have a "75H to 4x5"-Adapter Plate", too. I will test that today. It seems Exposure reacts a bit sensitive towards system configurations (Computer) just like Capture Shop. We will see. The good thing is that the software should have a modern architecture that problems could get solved more easy than in CS.

Best regards

Nico
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:57:28 am by Nicolas Flamel »

thsinar

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 02:15:01 am »

Dear Nico,

Hi, Thierry!
Thank you very much! I did not know that the AUX could be used for using the LC Shutter. This not the standard way isn´t it?
Nico
You are welcome!

Actually, this is written in the "Read Me" file provided with eXposure: "Using the LC-Shutter with the Sinarback eVolution 75 H and the AUX socket of the Hasselblad
V Generic adapter plate 552.36.250 is currently not supported.
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Nicolas Flamel

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 02:20:00 am »

Dear Nico,

You are welcome!

Actually, this is written in the "Read Me" file provided with eXposure: "Using the LC-Shutter with the Sinarback eVolution 75 H and the AUX socket of the Hasselblad
V Generic adapter plate 552.36.250 is currently not supported.

Yes, I have read that one. But I try to use the CTRL Socket which normally is used with the LC shutter. Does it work with the 4x5 inch adapter?

Best regards

Nico

thsinar

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 02:39:00 am »

Which 75H to 4x5" adapter plate are you speaking about? Any item number on this plate?

Thanks,
Thierry

Does it work with the 4x5 inch adapter?

Best regards

Nico
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Nicolas Flamel

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 03:12:15 am »

Which 75H to 4x5" adapter plate are you speaking about? Any item number on this plate?

Thanks,
Thierry

The No. is 552.35.230 but ist does not work either.

Only when I exposure the shutter is closing and opening again.

Adina

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 03:16:09 am »

@Thierry

Where is the Windows version from eXposure ?

CaptureShop 5.6.2b10 : what is new in this version ?

Thanks
Adina

thsinar

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 06:23:51 am »

The Windows version of eXposure is not yet released, and I don't have a precise ETA.

CaptureShop 5.6.2. Beta10 is not released. I do not have a list of the changes in this version.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Adina
@Thierry

Where is the Windows version from eXposure ?

CaptureShop 5.6.2b10 : what is new in this version ?

Thanks
Adina
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 06:46:22 am »

Dear Richard,

With "Focus Box" I believe you mean the "Navigator" window?
Anyway, yes, of course, you can resize any window of eXposure. First, one can have them in "Movable", "Floating" or "Transparent Mode".

By default, the windows are in a certain position, when opening eXposure the first time: from there one can go to the edge of each window, and resize them up to a certain limit, given by the monitor size and the layout (see screenshot).

Or one can drag them "out" of their actual position/framing (when "Movable" is selected ---> see screenshots for how to set: one can do it either by the Menu, or then by clicking the little "screen" icon on the top right side of the window, beside the "X" and over the "i" ): this will "liberate" the window (see screenshot), which can then be re-sized at will (see screenshot), or placed on a second monitor. To bring it back to its original frame (or anywhere else), simply drag it in the place you want: the space will "Open" and the window jumps then in place (see screenshot).

There are many other possibilities, one can bring any window in another "Set" of plugins", one can move full "Sets" of plugins (e.g. also the contact sheet) from the bottom to the right or left side, etc ... It is almost un-limited.

If you wish really to make use of all the possibilities, about windows position, re-sizing or ANY other feature, it would be good to read the "on-line help": all is described there.

Best regards,
Thierry

Another question: do the focus boxes allow for resizing? I.E.: can they be made larger? I photograph small products with fine detail and right now the focus windows are narrow vertical windows. Thanks for all your help.

Richard
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:52:11 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

PdF

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 08:55:41 am »

Nice family, indeed !

Dear Philippe,

I have been communicating that the 6.1 version will not support older FW generation backs (54M, 54 H and 43).

I do not have an ETA for this support, but shall inform as soon as I have it.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thank you for the answer. I hope that a version of eXposure for 54H & 43H is not only a dream going far away...

PdF

PdF

Mitchell Baum

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 09:20:56 am »

Thanks Thierry,

I'll try it.

Mitchell

thsinar

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 09:48:13 am »

The most important, in my life, even before Sinar, can you believe it?

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: PdF
Nice family, indeed !

PdF
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

BJNY

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:50 am »

Hi Thierry,

I didn't read the ReadMe or use the Help menu,
but found that pressing 0,1,2,3,4,5 rates the file.

How would I ONLY see the rated ones in the contact sheet,
excluding the non-rated ones?

Thank you,
Billy

Guillermo

thsinar

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 10:27:04 am »

Sorry, forgot to answer this one:

the eXposure preferences are to be found in the "Home" folder, under "Library" ---> "Preferences" and then the file "Sinar eXposure layout_LastRun.ini "

Close first eXposure, Trash then this preference file, empty the trash and re-start eXposure,

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks. I will try that. Just to be absolutely sure the preferences are what and where? I wouldn't want to go mucking around and create greater problems.
Richard
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 10:33:38 am »

Thanks for the update. Just installed it and will try it soon.

thsinar

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 10:35:35 am »

Yes, Billy, there are many things I have found out this way, by trying: I should not suggest to others to read the Read Me or the on-line Help and at the same time saying that I hate to do this myself!

That's right, you can rate it this way, or by simply clicking in the image, at the different levels, to activate or de-activate.

But I am not sure if it is possible to visualize rated images from non-rated ones: I would have to check this (in the Help!).

Edited for Addendum: one can actually, visualize the rated images, by sorting them with the icon "Sort by Rating", either "Ascending" or Descending".

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: BJNY
Hi Thierry,

I didn't read the ReadMe or use the Help menu,
but found that pressing 0,1,2,3,4,5 rates the file.

How would I ONLY see the rated ones in the contact sheet,
excluding the non-rated ones?

Thank you,
Billy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:55:07 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up