Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure 6.1.1 Released  (Read 20451 times)

zalephoto

• http://zalephoto.com
Sinar eXposure 6.1.1 Released
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 10:47:18 am »

Quote from: thsinar
Dear Richard,

With "Focus Box" I believe you mean the "Navigator" window?
Anyway, yes, of course, you can resize any window of eXposure. First, one can have them in "Movable", "Floating" or "Transparent Mode".

By default, the windows are in a certain position, when opening eXposure the first time: from there one can go to the edge of each window, and resize them up to a certain limit, given by the monitor size and the layout (see screenshot).

Or one can drag them "out" of their actual position/framing (when "Movable" is selected ---> see screenshots for how to set: one can do it either by the Menu, or then by clicking the little "screen" icon on the top right side of the window, beside the "X" and over the "i" ): this will "liberate" the window (see screenshot), which can then be re-sized at will (see screenshot), or placed on a second monitor. To bring it back to its original frame (or anywhere else), simply drag it in the place you want: the space will "Open" and the window jumps then in place (see screenshot).

There are many other possibilities, one can bring any window in another "Set" of plugins", one can move full "Sets" of plugins (e.g. also the contact sheet) from the bottom to the right or left side, etc ... It is almost un-limited.

If you wish really to make use of all the possibilities, about windows position, re-sizing or ANY other feature, it would be good to read the "on-line help": all is described there.

Best regards,
Thierry
Actually, I was talking about the "live Image" viewer. When the window opens up you get 3 little boxes on the left (vertical rectangles). I am not at my camera right now but I will do the recommended changes and thank you for those. I will say I am getting random hard crashes with and without the camera connected. As to "live image" I was not able to re-size the master window so that is why I asked about the "detail" windows in that view. My nomenclature is I am sure inadequate but hopefully you get the idea. Again Thanks.

Richard
zalephoto.com

BJNY

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:44 am »

Exported three e75LV dng to 8-bit TIFs in 50 seconds using Octo-core 3GHz Mac Pro 8GB.
17 seconds each....very good.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:21:32 am by BJNY »
Guillermo

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2009, 06:00:30 pm »

Hi Thierry,

Can you think of a reason why I cannot move my contact sheet over to the left column like you have in your last picture in post #33? I can make it floating and make it snap into the right hand column along with the capture, process, export tabs etc, but I have tried many times without success to get the contact sheet to 'snap' into place on the left side. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Ben
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:00:53 pm by bdp »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2009, 07:43:52 pm »

hi Ben,

No, you are able to move it to the left, to the right or to the bottom: make it first floating, then drag it over the "zone" where you want it, by doing so and passing over a zone where it can be dropped, this zone becomes activated (greyed out = darker, see schreenshot). You let it then simply loose with the mouse, and it will "jump into this place (see screenshot): it is now located between "Browser" and "Metadata". You could put it the same way between any of the windows on the left side, here again between "Metadata" and "History" (see screenshot, or completely on the top, over "Browser" (see screenshot).

To note one very interesting new feature/plugin: the "History", at the bottom left, allowing to go back any time to any previous setting/change.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: bdp
Hi Thierry,

Can you think of a reason why I cannot move my contact sheet over to the left column like you have in your last picture in post #33? I can make it floating and make it snap into the right hand column along with the capture, process, export tabs etc, but I have tried many times without success to get the contact sheet to 'snap' into place on the left side. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Ben
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:44:24 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bdp

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »

Hi Thierry,

Yes, I know about this function - I have been customising the interface by snapping the windows around, but what I mean is that I can't seem to get the contact sheet to 'snap' into position on the left. i.e. no grey box appears when I drag the contact sheet window around and float it over the browser, metadata or history dockwidget... I know it can be done because I have seen your screen shots, but mine doesn't want to do it. I can snap the contact sheet underneath or anywhere on the right side, but just not on the left, and I thought there might be a trick I am missing.

Ben

thsinar

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 08:28:56 pm »

Ben,

In this case there is certainly something missing, but I can't imagine what. Did you try to trash the preferences, which sets the layout to "Default" first, and then trying from there?

Thierry

Hi Thierry,

Yes, I know about this function - I have been customising the interface by snapping the windows around, but what I mean is that I can't seem to get the contact sheet to 'snap' into position on the left. i.e. no grey box appears when I drag the contact sheet window around and float it over the browser, metadata or history dockwidget... I know it can be done because I have seen your screen shots, but mine doesn't want to do it. I can snap the contact sheet underneath or anywhere on the right side, but just not on the left, and I thought there might be a trick I am missing.

Ben
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

bdp

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 09:06:59 pm »

Thanks Thierry,

I will try this, but in the meantime I will email you a video to show you what I mean to prove I'm not mad  

Ben

bdp

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »

Thierry - don't worry - trashing the prefs worked!  Thank you very much!

I trashed both Sinar eXposure layout_LastRun.ini  and  Sinar eXposure.sav

Now everything works properly.  

Thanks again,
Ben

thsinar

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:18 pm »

Alright, that's good!

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry - don't worry - trashing the prefs worked!  Thank you very much!

I trashed both Sinar eXposure layout_LastRun.ini  and  Sinar eXposure.sav

Now everything works properly.  

Thanks again,
Ben
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:32 pm »

On my MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz and 2 GB Ram: 2 minutes for three e75LV dng to 8 bit  ---> 40 seconds each.

Thierry

Quote from: BJNY
Exported three e75LV dng to 8-bit TIFs in 50 seconds using Octo-core 3GHz Mac Pro 8GB.
17 seconds each....very good.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:02:14 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jps

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2009, 12:35:10 am »

On my MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz and 2 GB Ram: 2 minutes for three e75LV dng to 8 bit  ---> 40 seconds each.

Thierry

Hello Everyone,   I am a complete newbie to Sinar. Just got my Hy6/e75r this morning. ! (thanks Willem )  I have taken some shots and saved to CF card then connected by firewire reader to my Mac Pro 10.5.6 with exposure 6.1.1.  I can see files on contact sheet but cannot make them into DNG.

I must have made some basic mistake? Can anyone help please?  Cheers JOHN

PeterA

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 01:38:08 am »

Quote from: jps
Hello Everyone,   I am a complete newbie to Sinar. Just got my Hy6/e75r this morning. ! (thanks Willem )  I have taken some shots and saved to CF card then connected by firewire reader to my Mac Pro 10.5.6 with exposure 6.1.1.  I can see files on contact sheet but cannot make them into DNG.

there is a help button on your menu..which will give you instructions under "IMPORT"  - however do this..

1. create a folder which you want to store the file you wish to store and work on.
2. select files you wish to store and work on..
3. drag to the folder you made - you will see an impoirt tab spring up after you do this - if you click on the tab you will see the progress of loading per file
4. when import is complete you have downloaded your files from camera or Cf card reader
 - THEN you click on folder you have made to open all 'working files' in Contact sheet from there -
you can select and export as required.

you got a great deal from Willem ..
Good Luck and enjoy.

Pete

jps

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 03:59:39 am »

Quote from: PeterA
there is a help button on your menu..which will give you instructions under "IMPORT"  - however do this..

1. create a folder which you want to store the file you wish to store and work on.
2. select files you wish to store and work on..
3. drag to the folder you made - you will see an impoirt tab spring up after you do this - if you click on the tab you will see the progress of loading per file
4. when import is complete you have downloaded your files from camera or Cf card reader
 - THEN you click on folder you have made to open all 'working files' in Contact sheet from there -
you can select and export as required.

you got a great deal from Willem ..
Good Luck and enjoy.

Pete

Pete

Thanks very much. I had already looked at the help and am still having trouble.I cannot get the import tab to appear. When I drag and drop I am just moving the ai files not creating DNGs.

Yes I did get a good deal ! Just have to learn how to deal with the software!

Cheers JOHN

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 05:26:04 am »

Thanks very much. I had already looked at the help and am still having trouble.I cannot get the import tab to appear. When I drag and drop I am just moving the ai files not creating DNGs.

The import tab will appear automatically as the import happens. The files will be converted to DNG as they are imported.

thsinar

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2009, 06:41:02 am »

Hi John,

an easy task, to import, when one knows: simply drag the displayed files from the contact sheet to any folder of your choice in the browser. There is no import button. SImply select all you want to import, and drag them.

Best regards,
Thierry

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:42:15 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

jps

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2009, 09:30:54 am »

Hi John,

an easy task, to import, when one knows: simply drag the displayed files from the contact sheet to any folder of your choice in the browser. There is no import button. SImply select all you want to import, and drag them.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks so much Thierry , Pete & Graham  

It works a treat when you know how !! Its nearly midnight here now .Will be out first thing tomorrow taking pictures !  Did I mention that I LOVE my new camera .... and that Schneider glass ... WOW

Thanks again JOHN

thsinar

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2009, 09:35:29 am »

Richard,

I have no back currently, to tether and to use the live video. Can't comment for the time being.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: zalephoto
Actually, I was talking about the "live Image" viewer. When the window opens up you get 3 little boxes on the left (vertical rectangles). I am not at my camera right now ...
Richard
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Nicolas Flamel

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 11:53:00 am »

Hi there!

Does anybody have experiences with xposure Evolution and LC-Shutter on a Mac? I have some probs running the shutter.

Best regs

Nico

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 05:10:28 am »

Hi John,
I'm glad you are enjoying your new toys.
Like Pete said,you got a great deal from me.

Let me know how you go in the near future,

Regards,

Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

bdp

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 06:01:34 am »

Quote from: Nicolas Flamel
Hi there!

Does anybody have experiences with xposure Evolution and LC-Shutter on a Mac? I have some probs running the shutter.

Best regs

Nico

Below is a section from the readme file that came with 6.1.1. Are these any of your issues?

•  When using the Sinar eXposure™ 6.1.1 software with Sinarback eVolution 75 H with Sinar p3 and sliding adapter, the LC shutter moves in front of the lens when sliding the ground glass into viewing position.

•  Using the LC-Shutter with the Sinarback eVolution 75 H and the AUX socket of the Hasselblad V Generic adapter plate 552.36.250 is currently not supported.

Sounds like they are still working on the LC shutter/eVolution75 combination.
Ben

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up