Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebel 300D Focus Modes  (Read 2950 times)

Plexiprs

Rebel 300D Focus Modes
« on: October 26, 2003, 11:50:30 am »

Actually the D-Rebel uses AI Servo AF in one mode, Sports. I remember seeing on a Canon discussion someone posted a way of tricking the system into this mode, but for the life of me I can't find it now.

dtrayers

• http://
Rebel 300D Focus Modes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 09:57:51 am »

I own a 300 D also.  In the creative zone settings the camera will automatically go into AI Servo mode if the subject moves.  In the 'sport' mode the focus is full time AI Servo.

If you are using a USM lens with Full Time Manual (FTM) focus, you can force the camera into AI Servo by giving the focus ring a little tweak after focus lock.
- Dave

Tedd

Rebel 300D Focus Modes
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 08:02:10 pm »

I am curious, after reading the review, if the lack of ability to select AI Servo vs One Shot on this body created problems in getting correct focus.  In particular, I would guess that this body would be frustrating for moving subjects such as birds and animals since I belive the only way to have focus following is in the sports mode where other exposure settings are fixed.

I shoot with a 1Ds and 1v but would like to have a small, cheap, and light body to carry on long hikes or in wet and "risky" situations.  (I know the 1 series are water resistant, I am talking about dropping it in the saltwater or off a cliff for a total loss)  Will I be completely frustrated by the lack of focus mode selection?

JimV

Rebel 300D Focus Modes
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 08:51:29 pm »

I acually own the 300D, and yes, not having the ability to choose focusing modes is a real pain. Its one of few quirks about the camera, and like the guy above said, its only available when you use the camera in the "sports" mode. I guess I can put up with it cause right now I can't afford the extra 600 dollars to get the 10d, but it is definetly one of the big downsides to the camera. I have been able to use it very well though, you just have to adjust how you shoot when you're not in sports mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up