Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ink Bleeds Past Edges on Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art Paper  (Read 2637 times)

barbleetondro

Ink Bleeds Past Edges on Epson Ultrasmooth Fine Art Paper
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:16 pm »

I use an Epson 2400 and have never had this problem on other papers.  I am front loading this thick paper.  There is a "bleed" of ink beyond one long 15 inch edge of my paper, like a smudge.  It has happened two times in a row and I am unwilling to use more of this expensive paper until I resolve this issue.  Does anyone out there have a clue as to why this is happening?  It is frustrating to say the least!

Barbara

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 04:54:56 am »

Quote from: barbleetondro
I use an Epson 2400 and have never had this problem on other papers.  I am front loading this thick paper.  There is a "bleed" of ink beyond one long 15 inch edge of my paper, like a smudge.
On my R1800, there is a much hidden "thick paper" setting in the print properties dialog, "maintenance" tab, "printer and option information" button at the bottom.
It's sticky, doesn't get saved or retrieved in custom settings    and makes a popup appear at every printing when on     , so it's very far from practical (epson software ingeneering at its best   ), but it might solve your problem.
It did solve a "head strike" problem I had with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk (thick AND has a tendency to curl under heavy ink load), at least.

Otherwise, couldn't it help to clean the rolls?

Good luck!
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

barbleetondro

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:05:20 am »

Thanks for this.  I will check it out.  Upon closer examination of this print, I see that it does appear that only certain colors have been what looks like "oversprayed" into the white margins.  I am now wondering if it could be a clogged jet or something like that?  And, how would a person clean the rolls?  Thanks for the tips.
Barbara

barbleetondro

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 08:02:38 pm »

Hey, I solved the problem!  Turns out that with the Epson 2400, there is a special attachment that goes on the back that you must use to feed the Ultrasmooth Fine Art Paper one at a time through the printer.  When I set this up and ran a sheet of paper through, it printed beautifully.  I had assumed that because it was a thicker paper, I had to use front load.  Wrong!  I hope this info may prove useful to others.

Barbara
Pages: [1]   Go Up