Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A900  (Read 3961 times)

brian cere

Sony A900
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:34:33 pm »

I just recently acquired the Sony A900 and I am a happy camper,indeed. However,I tried downloading some test images into Lightroom 2 and get a message that there are no photos on the card.I then go into Bridge and download without a problem all the photos.Therefore I assume that there might be a problem in Lightroom. Perhaps, someone, might be able to shed some light on this problem.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Sony A900
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:22:43 am »

This may be overly obvious, but A900 support began with LR 2.1 and later.  Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

brian cere

Sony A900
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:38:35 pm »

Quote from: wolfnowl
This may be overly obvious, but A900 support began with LR 2.1 and later.  Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Mike.
I am updated to the latest version of Lightroom 2 or so it tells me when I try to update.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Sony A900
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:42 am »

Works for me on 2.1.

Are you using a card reader or connecting the camera to the computer using USB? Are you  on PC or Mac?

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: brian cere
I just recently acquired the Sony A900 and I am a happy camper,indeed. However,I tried downloading some test images into Lightroom 2 and get a message that there are no photos on the card.I then go into Bridge and download without a problem all the photos.Therefore I assume that there might be a problem in Lightroom. Perhaps, someone, might be able to shed some light on this problem.
Erik Kaffehr

pyl

Sony A900
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 03:06:55 am »

I have the same problem but I've never bothered about it since I use Bridge to import anyway.

teo.karp

Sony A900
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 08:01:57 am »

a friend who bought the camera(former minolta owner) had the same problem with his a900..he ended up using bridge and it worked fine..i think the problem was not updating the software
btw just a hunch but is the suplied sony importing software on by default when you're trying to upload with LR?that may cause it to malfunction
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:02:14 am by teo.karp »

brian cere

Sony A900
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:59:25 pm »

Quote from: teo.karp
a friend who bought the camera(former minolta owner) had the same problem with his a900..he ended up using bridge and it worked fine..i think the problem was not updating the software
btw just a hunch but is the suplied sony importing software on by default when you're trying to upload with LR?that may cause it to malfunction
I am using a card reader,not importing from the camera.I am using lightroom 2 updated, on a new i7 pc,with lots of memory and 64 bit vista.I haven"t installed the sony software.

Richowens

Sony A900
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 01:05:23 am »

Brian,

Are you trying to "Import from device" or "Import from disk"?

Rich

brian cere

Sony A900
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:48 pm »

Quote from: Richowens
Brian,

Are you trying to "Import from device" or "Import from disk"?

Rich
I am importing from device.

Richowens

Sony A900
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 09:23:37 pm »

Brian,

Treat the card reader as a disk drive, use "Import from disk and see if that works.

Rich

brian cere

Sony A900
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 06:03:11 pm »

Quote from: Richowens
Brian,

Treat the card reader as a disk drive, use "Import from disk and see if that works.

Rich
It doesn't work rich,very strange indeed.But do i ever love this camera,waiting patiently for DXO to support it.Thanks for your help anyways.Brian

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Sony A900
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 07:28:56 am »

Does it work if you copy the files from your cam or memory card reader to your hard disk (using windows explorer) and then import from there ?
That's my workflow (from an A700) anyway, I never import directly from the card into lightroom.
pieter, aka pegelli

brian cere

Sony A900
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 05:59:55 pm »

Quote from: pegelli
Does it work if you copy the files from your cam or memory card reader to your hard disk (using windows explorer) and then import from there ?
That's my workflow (from an A700) anyway, I never import directly from the card into lightroom.
Yes,I think this will be my route too.It will fit into my workflow with DXO perfectly.Thankyou for your reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up