Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael's new Mamiya lenses  (Read 2177 times)

BJL

Michael's new Mamiya lenses
« on: February 09, 2009, 05:17:50 pm »

Michael,

I understand that you have changed to a Phase One system, meaning a completely new set of Mamiya lenses.
Which do you have, and are you planning any reviews or comparisons to previous lenses? I do understand that the Fujinon lenses for the Hasselblad H system are all sold, to maybe it is too late for direct comparisons.

michael

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:49:24 pm »

Yes, they're sold, but I wouldn't have done direct comparisons in any event.

I have the 28mm, 45mm, 45 T/S, 75-150mm and 300mm coming.

I expect to do my first real shoot with them and the P65+ in Zion NP in early March so watch for images and comments in about a month.

Michael

smhoer

• http://www.skylightimaging.smugmug.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:36:29 pm »

Hi Michael,
Is the T/S lens the Hartblei or Phase version?  I am curious if there is a noticable difference between the performance of the two.

Scott H

oops, I just noticed you indicated they were "coming" and did not have them yet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:37:52 pm by smhoer »
Scott H.
North Carolina

BJL

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 09:56:44 am »

Quote from: michael
Yes, they're sold, but I wouldn't have done direct comparisons in any event.

I have the 28mm, 45mm, 45 T/S, 75-150mm and 300mm coming.

I expect to do my first real shoot with them and the P65+ in Zion NP in early March so watch for images and comments in about a month.
Thanks, I am looking forward to it. My curiosity anyway is questions like how well the lenses and camera perform on their own merits, and in particular how the lenses hold up now that sensor resolution has pushed onwards to 6 microns. I am less interested in attempts at
direct comparisons, which seem likely to run into hairsplitting differences with high end gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up