Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing an article from LL  (Read 4013 times)

Mark F

Printing an article from LL
« on: February 07, 2009, 09:04:09 pm »

I would like to print out an article from the Locations site of LL for easier reference, but no matter what I've tried I get the sidebar menu listing on the left and cut off the text on the right. Am using OS 10.5.6      Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.
Mark

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 11:58:16 pm »

Quote from: Mark F
I would like to print out an article from the Locations site of LL for easier reference, but no matter what I've tried I get the sidebar menu listing on the left and cut off the text on the right. Am using OS 10.5.6      Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.

Make sure your printer is set to print in landscape mode (from your browser's File menu there should be an item like "Page Setup" whch will let you set either Portrait or Landscape).

Good luck!

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

francois

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 10:24:25 am »

Thanks.
I have no problem with Safari running on Mac OS X 10.5.6. Do you use another browser?

Edit: I just wanted to add that I also print the left column but do not experience any cut off on the right.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:20:08 am by francois »
Francois

whawn

• The Daily Photographâ„¢
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 04:49:37 pm »

I get the sidebar menu listing on the left and cut off the text on the right. Am using OS 10.5.6      Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Long way around, but I do this often:  Select the text, copy, paste into Open Office Writer, dress up formatting as you like, export to PDF.  To be cool, keep the c'right info.  You can also use MS Office, but it's a pain.

Better would be if Micheal could figure a way to allow us to print just the content of the articles.  Wordpress has this function built in, but LL predates Wordpress by a few weeks, at least.
Walter Hawn -- Casper, Wyoming

LoisWakeman

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:47:35 am »

Quote from: whawn
Better would be if Micheal could figure a way to allow us to print just the content of the articles.  Wordpress has this function built in, but LL predates Wordpress by a few weeks, at least.
This would be very easy to do: all it needs is someone to design a print stylesheet that works properly- omitting the menu bar or at least narrowing it.

Mark F

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 08:53:22 pm »

Thanks.  I am running an iMac 24" w/ 10.5.6 but cannot find how to print in landscape mode. Use Firefox as my browser.  Have just sent an email to the printer manufacturer, Brother.  It is a good machine and support has been super so far so I am sure they will come back with a solution.
Mark

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:42:09 pm »

In Firefox, try File | Page Setup.  I generally get good results with Portrait set to a 60% scale factor.  If you find Page Setup or Print greyed out, close the open Preview window

Mark F

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:08:37 pm »

Sorry I took so long to get back - been out of commission with some virus (the biological type).

For some reason when I try to print from Firefox the Page Setup command is grayed out. But Safari works fine so I got my print.

Thanks again to all who answered.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up