Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eye-one display 2 Question  (Read 3672 times)

jim t

• jimtsioles photography
eye-one display 2 Question
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:31:22 pm »

Hoping that someone can confirm these numbers produced a correct profile for my monitor.  I'm new to this and was wondering if these numbers make sense, or if this setting seems way off?  I used temp 6500, gamma 2.2, luminance 120.

Samsung syncmaster 2493 hm LCD
The results:

Contrast 100
Brightness 34

red 35
green 25
blue 23

Monitor valiadtor Average de2000:  1.30

I had good ambient luminance and color temp to work with.  First few times I calibrated, contrast was always under 90.  I also had trouble with the RGB setting.  Screen would change color but not the calibration square on screen.  Worked around this by centering the green first and guessing/compensating red and blue.

I'm guessing my colors are good, but don't have a color checker yet.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 04:36:23 pm »

It's in the ballpark, but the absolute values are completely meaningless to anyone else.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:59:52 pm »

I had similar values with my 19"samsung, so I would also say you're in the ballpark.

My monitor validator was always below 1.0 if I carefully put the eye around the same spot wher I did the calibration.
Off to the four corners I got more in the 1.5-2 range, never tried to create a profile from there, but it shows that these type of screens are not fully homogeneous.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:00:26 pm by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

trinityss

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:44 am »

Hi,

A delta E of 1.30 is not bad... almost a not noticable difference for the human eye.
Don't forget that this doesn't tell you if your match will be good with the output of your printer.
It just tells you how good your monitor profile is.
Check a gradation going from black to white to find out if your calibration is acceptable.

Kr,

jim t

• jimtsioles photography
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 01:06:19 pm »

Quote from: trinityss
Hi,

A delta E of 1.30 is not bad... almost a not noticable difference for the human eye.
Don't forget that this doesn't tell you if your match will be good with the output of your printer.
It just tells you how good your monitor profile is.
Check a gradation going from black to white to find out if your calibration is acceptable.

Kr,

Thanks for the replys.  At least I know I'm on the right track now.  

How would I check my gradation.  Do I need to print a test pattern from photoshop?  Also, anything else that I should be aware of?

trinityss

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up