Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man, what a troll...  (Read 4915 times)

ruraltrekker

Man, what a troll...
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:00:19 pm »

... from all the propellers spinning. Any of you guys (yes, all guys) actually taking pictures?

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
Man, what a troll...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:35:29 pm »

Huh?

michael

Man, what a troll...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:15:38 pm »

I'm probably the chief propellor-head here and I took some 30,000 frames last year, published a book and had two gallery shows of my work.

What's your problem?

Michael

image66

Man, what a troll...
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:39:41 pm »

Quote from: michael
I'm probably the chief propellor-head here and I took some 30,000 frames last year, published a book and had two gallery shows of my work.

Slacker!

Ben Rubinstein

Man, what a troll...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:48:00 pm »

Successful full time Pro wedding photographer, taking images is what puts food on my table this month, and more importantly, makes sure I have the reputation to get the bookings which will put food on my table next month and year as well. Both my 5D's have well over 100,000 frames on them and they all made money. My first 5D was paid for in just a week from the profit of one commercial job. I teach Bridge/ACR/PS workflow to budding photographers. I will have paid off my mortgage in cash in three years from now solely from photography at age 32 and I'm married with a kid so it's not that I've no responsibilities. Been shooting digital professionally since the D60 though I only sold my film cameras for good when I bought the 1Ds. On the point of teaming together with a fellow photographer to open a commercial studio and am looking into the economics of renting out studio space and equipment in a location where neither services exist.

Your point?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 02:51:42 pm by pom »

Don Libby

• Iron Creek Photography
    • Iron Creek Photography
Man, what a troll...
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 02:58:06 pm »

And we feel the need to perpetuate this thread with a response because?

michael

Man, what a troll...
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 03:19:16 pm »

Because some people are jerks and need to be reminded from time to time that they are jerks – specially when they ask for it.

Michael
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:19:38 pm by michael »

Rob C

Man, what a troll...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 04:52:08 am »

A bit heavy, lads, I think the OP has a small point!

I can tell you this: though I enjoy participating here because I find pleasure in writing, like reading and am trying to understand a little more about digital photography, were I still working professionally and not retired, there is no way I would have either the time or inclination to devote to passive photography as seems to be rather popular in some quarters. This isn´t a criticism but a continuation of what I have always suspected is part of camera club culture; it´s the nature of the beast and you either join it or leave it alone. In most ways, LuLa is one of the world´s largest (and best?) camera clubs and there is hardly any other way it could exist.

From the pro point of view, the more interesting pro contributors do not seem to contribute all that much, presumably because they are pros and have to attend to other priorties. But that´s not to say that the non-pros have nothing to say or show: they certainly and often do. The difference is that their work doesn´t cover the ground that I find fascinating, the same one that fed me: fashion and girls. I never shot cars but cars have been a life-long interest too; sport leaves  me flat at the best of times and hero worship is reserved for a very small party of saints!

As with anything like this that´s wide open, one just has to take from it what pleases and disregard the rest - like in The Boxer, even!

Rob C

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Man, what a troll...
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 02:47:07 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
But that´s not to say that the non-pros have nothing to say or show: they certainly and often do. The difference is that their work doesn´t cover the ground that I find fascinating, the same one that fed me: fashion and girls.
There are a few of both in the MF "proud pix" thread. But perhaps the clue is in the title of the site!

Jeremy

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
Man, what a troll...
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 05:09:06 pm »

Quote from: michael

You're never going to make it if you don't start showing some commitment...  

daws

Man, what a troll...
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 05:22:54 pm »

Quote from: David Anderson
You're never going to make it if you don't start showing some commitment...

Joke all you want, but I've seen that guy's stuff on the internet -- if he ever decides to turn full-time pro, we're all screwed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up