Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacBook Pro 15" vs. 17"  (Read 14806 times)

woof75

MacBook Pro 15" vs. 17"
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 04:41:41 pm »

Quote from: Mosccol
Latest news is that the battery CAN be changed (from memory, it involves the removal on 13 screws!) but if you shoot tethered without external power you will suffer.... In other words no battery changing on the fly, ever.
Wonder how long this process takes? Anyone?

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
MacBook Pro 15" vs. 17"
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 05:16:20 pm »

i don't know anyone who has seen the new 17 screen, but if some of the claims are true, it will finally be useable for photo work....not really critical work, but at least a GOOD idea....

the new 17 is the easiest to open up so far...there are quite a few vids on the web, just remove a couple of screws and you are set.....of course nothing like just swapping batteries (one of the most genius and underrated mac features, no need to shut down to swap!)...

but really for location work it is much easier to get a portable powersource these days...duracell makes them and you can plug in printer, camera, cellphone,....cheap and small....there are so many solutions....actually even better then extra batteries which have to be charged one by one before the shoot....

who knows how long the large battery will last but either way, almost twice as long as a 15"....

one of the take apart videos mentioned that once the bottom cover is off, the 17 battery is very easy to remove and it is only a matter of time before 3rd party batteries will be available....

imo, the external power sources are the better solution....i will probably get one of the 17"....8gb ram, 2HDs (the MCE kit is already available...), a quality 17 screen....i really think this makes a second display obsolete for location shoots and even small studio shoots....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up