So instead of taking a good platform like the 5D and making it great like adding a big bright viewfinder like the Sony; good accurate focus points; and better weather proofing they have thrown it in the trash bin, in favor of 24mps and video which a lot of us simply do not want.
And, obviously, the users don't want:
- larger viewfinder coverage (even though it's not at pro spec)
- better dynamic range
- better colour depth
- better low-light ISO
- live view
- bigger and better LCD screen
- bigger print size
- AF microadjustment (ok, so it's of limited use, but better than nothing)
- sensor cleaning
- two extra custom modes
- IR remote
- improved battery status and battery info for individual batteries
- permanent ISO display in viewfinder
- CF+ and UDMA cards
- dedicated AF-on button
- creative auto mode
- potentially faster autofocus (allegedly better AF processing)
Some things are just different, like the battery, battery grip, wireless grip, etc.
While not all of these may be interesting to you, personally, I don't see that your claim of "trash" can be warranted. The current (and serious!) concerns regarding water resistance non-withstanding.
If this camera's new features are such big problems for you, just don't buy the camera!
Buy the old model, used, in 5-packs, if you want.
But this kind of whining is just silly.