Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad 503CXI and Sinar back sync issue  (Read 1979 times)

avelpavel

• http://www.pastrovicchio.com
Hasselblad 503CXI and Sinar back sync issue
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:35:07 pm »

I have an issue with a Sinar Emotion 54LV and a 503CXI hasselblad body. I think the problem is in the body: when I use sync times up to 1/125th everything works fine but when I sync it with 1/250th or 1/500th I get an underexposure of 1,5 and 2 stops respectively (in ambient light or with studio strobe, with pocket wizards or with sync cords). I have tried different lenses on the this body but the problem remains the same with all so I guess it's not a lens shutter problem.

Am I missing something about how to correctly use the Hassy with the back or it's a failure in it?

Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Roberto

www.robertopastrovicchio.com

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 05:57:36 am »

That can effectively happen, if the shutter tolerances are not respected. Possibly your  503 CW body needs a servicing.

But make sure that you selected the right camera body in the eMotion "Camera Settings" (I presume you have) = "Hasselblad V" when shooting un-tethered.

When shooting tethered you have to set "Sinar eMotion generic camera interface" with CAPTURESHOP, under the Menu "Hardware Setup", and "Hasselblad V" with EXPOSURE in the preferences under "Hardware Settings" (I presume you have too).

best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: avelpavel
I have an issue with a Sinar Emotion 54LV and a 503CXI hasselblad body. I think the problem is in the body: when I use sync times up to 1/125th everything works fine but when I sync it with 1/250th or 1/500th I get an underexposure of 1,5 and 2 stops respectively (in ambient light or with studio strobe, with pocket wizards or with sync cords). I have tried different lenses on the this body but the problem remains the same with all so I guess it's not a lens shutter problem.

Am I missing something about how to correctly use the Hassy with the back or it's a failure in it?

Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Roberto

www.robertopastrovicchio.com
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:58:02 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

avelpavel

• http://www.pastrovicchio.com
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:56:04 am »

Thanks Thierry, I will check if the settings are correct.

Kind regards

Roberto

Quote from: thsinar
That can effectively happen, if the shutter tolerances are not respected. Possibly your  503 CW body needs a servicing.

But make sure that you selected the right camera body in the eMotion "Camera Settings" (I presume you have) = "Hasselblad V" when shooting un-tethered.

When shooting tethered you have to set "Sinar eMotion generic camera interface" with CAPTURESHOP, under the Menu "Hardware Setup", and "Hasselblad V" with EXPOSURE in the preferences under "Hardware Settings" (I presume you have too).

best regards,
Thierry
Pages: [1]   Go Up