Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Rebel XT review  (Read 1889 times)

svein

Digital Rebel XT review
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:14:04 pm »

Also liked the review, but I've got one question. What about auto focus performance. The 350 supposedly use a simpler AF system. Any noticable difference compared to the 20D?

jdemott

Digital Rebel XT review
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 07:28:51 pm »

I just finished reading the review of the new Rebel XT and just wanted to say that I found the "subjective" format very helpful.  After a quick read, I felt that I had gained some valuable impressions of the camera's strengths and weaknesses.  If I were contemplating a significant purchase, I might want to also read one of the comprehensive reviews such as Phil Askey's, but there is no reason for Michael to duplicate what is already available elsewhere.   Reading candid comments by an experienced photographer, without slogging through a long laundry list of specifications, is really useful.  

John DeMott
John DeMott

Ismael Ramos

Digital Rebel XT review
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:08:14 pm »

I am considering buying a Digital SLR camera.   Currently I had one Nikon, one Pentax, two Canons and two Minolta  film SLR cameras, and a few lenses for each one of them.

I was thinking about the new Canon Digital Rebel because of its 8MP's and faster performance at an acceptable price, but your review convinced me that it is not the correct camera for me.   Most of my photos are either action (car racing) or posing (studio modeling).    

The Nikon D-70 maybe a better choice for my type of use or photos, but I tried one and I do not like its ergonomics or having to push three buttons to change something.    

For me the best one is the Minolta.   It has individual buttons for everything.   It is a shame that its performance compares more to the old Rebel 300 than to the Nikon D-70 or to the new Rebel 350, and that Minolta is asking so much money for it.   Of course my 100-400mm Minolta mount lens (150-600mm equivalent) should take advantage of its Anti-shake when following the race cars!
Pages: [1]   Go Up