Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Artisan, sensor not attached message  (Read 3057 times)

kevs

Artisan, sensor not attached message
« on: February 02, 2009, 04:43:06 pm »

I getting this:
The color senser may not be properly attached. Please reattach and recalibrate.

Only thing is, is that it is properly attached.
Any ideas out there? thanks!
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Damo77

• http://www.bellephotography.net.au/
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 04:59:51 pm »

What device?  I've only had experience with the Eye One, and it happens to me sometimes.

If I'm all super-organised, and already set the Contrast at 100 and the Brightness at 0, then that's usually the problem.  I just have to up the Brightness to 50 until the puck is found, then it's all go from there.
Damien

kevs

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:12:12 pm »

Thanks, none of that applies to me and Artisan.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Gellman

• http://www.jgphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »

I started having the same problem with my Artisan over a year ago. Have not been able to find a solution, and I have searched extensively. I also encountered the endless loop during calibration bug before my computer gave up recognizing the puck entirely. Unfortunately, Sony refuses to offer any support whatsoever. Kudos to Karl Lang for posting a software patch on his own site, lumita.com. Even though it didn't work for me, at least he tried to help those with old Artisans, which is more than Sony is willing to do.

My Artisan is now over five years old, so it doesn't owe me anything. I have been profiling it successfully with an EyeOne device, but I need to join the modern world and buy an LCD monitor.

The experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth towards Sony. I can only imagine what their response will be if someone needs to have a Sony DSLR camera serviced after a few years. Personally, I cannot trust them to offer support once it is no longer convenient for them.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up