Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Correcting poor color on z3100  (Read 1873 times)

TJM

Correcting poor color on z3100
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:29:43 pm »

I'm just using PS CS3 to print.
I don't mean to hog the forum, but I have one more question.  When a print comes out with poor color what is a good approach to correcting the color? I printed off a strip of a picture that a customer sent me and there are oranges that are coming out a fair bit more saturated than the original.  My profiles are up to date for the monitor and paper.  Should I try and compensate in PS (sounds risky!)?  What other approaches should I try??  The rendering intent is set to perceptual.

Thanks alot.  

TJ

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 11:19:48 pm »

Quote from: TJM
I'm just using PS CS3 to print.
I don't mean to hog the forum, but I have one more question.  When a print comes out with poor color what is a good approach to correcting the color? I printed off a strip of a picture that a customer sent me and there are oranges that are coming out a fair bit more saturated than the original.  My profiles are up to date for the monitor and paper.  Should I try and compensate in PS (sounds risky!)?  What other approaches should I try??  The rendering intent is set to perceptual.
Are you softproofing the image?  If so, you should get an idea of how it will print, and you can tweak the softproofed image to compensate for the differences.

TJM

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 11:38:08 pm »

Quote from: walter.sk
Are you softproofing the image?  If so, you should get an idea of how it will print, and you can tweak the softproofed image to compensate for the differences.
I must have it set up poorly.  When I soft proof it looks very similar to the original. The soft proof looks acceptable, but not like what comes out of the printer. hmmm.... a bit of a conundrum.

TJ

thierryd

• http://www.dehesdin.eu
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:35 am »

I don't know about orange, but I noticed sometimes faces are over saturated on some papers with the Z3100 profiles. Too much red. And I suppose there are some connections between orange and faces colours... So if contrast and all other colors are fine
2 solutions:
- Trying an other paper;
- Doing a profile with spyder3 print or any other and more expansive profiling solution.

William Morse

• http://https://MorseEditions.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:05:45 pm »

Problems like this are generally either wrong settings in the driver, or wrong profile, or both. Less likely is a bad profile, tho that happens.

Check your settings and profile, and report back.

bill

Quote from: TJM
I must have it set up poorly.  When I soft proof it looks very similar to the original. The soft proof looks acceptable, but not like what comes out of the printer. hmmm.... a bit of a conundrum.

TJ
Wm. Morse Editions
A Fine-Art Digital Pr

ryanmfritz

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »

Ive had success with many colors and many prints on my z3100. I am wondering if others have solutions as a rich cyan or turquoise seems impossible for me to color match in my z3100 44" printer. Any help out there? Ive tweaked much in photoshop to try and compensate....thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up