Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: presentation of me and my website  (Read 2846 times)

Piergiovanni Salimbeni

• http://www.landscapephotography.it and www.binomania.it
presentation of me and my website
« on: February 01, 2009, 03:39:51 pm »

Hi to all, at first, I apologize for my poor english. My name is Piergiovanni, for the friends (Pier) and i am italian, i live on the border with Switzerland in the area of the Prealps.
I'm an amateur landscape photographer, and I 've practically "devoured" all the articles on this website.  
I wanted to introduce to you my website of landscape photography, where you can find some images
the site is this: www.landscapephotography.it
I'd like to get some advice and suggestion from other landscape photography friends
Best Regards from Italy !
Piergiovanni

JMCP

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:01:50 pm »

Hi,

hope you don't mind but a couple of things that I think you may want to consider for your website because, if they frustrate me then, they will probably frustrate potential customers.

There was no navigation between your images, this does put people off from viewing all your images. I also think that it would be nice to see larger samples of your images as I think they are just a bit too small to appreciate properly.

Cheers John

DarkPenguin

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:03:12 pm »

Haven't had a chance to look at much of your site but what I've seen is very nice.

Piergiovanni Salimbeni

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:39:36 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Haven't had a chance to look at much of your site but what I've seen is very nice.

Hello, John, you are right. I'm trying to link the photo database with a button that displays its  in  a chronological order. I am not very expert with php language
Do you think it is better to enlarge the images in 1000px and insert a signature in the center of the images for the copyright?
Thanks in advance!
Piergiovanni

JMCP

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:49:59 am »

Hi Pier,

it might be best to set up a test version of your website using the larger images with watermarks and that way, it would be easier to make a judgement. By doing this, you could ask a few friends (or ask here) who have different hardware (different monitors with different resolutions) to look at it and tell you if it works or not.

Cheers John

Quote from: Piergiovanni Salimbeni
Hello, John, you are right. I'm trying to link the photo database with a button that displays its  in  a chronological order. I am not very expert with php language
Do you think it is better to enlarge the images in 1000px and insert a signature in the center of the images for the copyright?
Thanks in advance!
Piergiovanni

larkvi

• http://www.larkvi.com
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 06:57:34 am »

Piero,

The alternating black/white lines create an annoying optical effect when one scrolls your website--it is really distracting.

I feel that a lot of the titles are overly "cute," and that they are not adding to the work, but rather detracting. The photographs are not light and cute, so why match them with often-trite titles?

Though the images generally show a unified style, I think you could stand to edit them a little tighter--some of the photos don't really seem up to the standards of others.

Just my thoughts.

-Sean [ we

Piergiovanni Salimbeni

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 03:41:49 am »

Quote from: larkvi
Piero,

The alternating black/white lines create an annoying optical effect when one scrolls your website--it is really distracting.

I feel that a lot of the titles are overly "cute," and that they are not adding to the work, but rather detracting. The photographs are not light and cute, so why match them with often-trite titles?

Though the images generally show a unified style, I think you could stand to edit them a little tighter--some of the photos don't really seem up to the standards of others.

Just my thoughts.

Hi Larkvi
I thank you very much for the suggestions.
I'm trying to change the presentation of my images. I hope to modify the website at the end of the month.
If you have time, could you tell me which photo you eliminate?
I would like to have your opinion. please.
thanks all
Pier
Pages: [1]   Go Up