Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: EOS 300D MkII???  (Read 5675 times)

franxon

EOS 300D MkII???
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004, 11:50:32 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I keep wondering though what it means to "like Canon lenses better" when you mostly will have to buy new lenses anyway (and you would therefore obviously not have any personnal opinion about these new lenses)[/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']Hi Bernard,

purely by chance, i've been a canon user since day 1. i never owned any nikon before (not because of bias, but money), so my knowledge is all based on the research i did. so, please do correct me if i am wrong.

1. canon and nikon make EQUALLY good lenses. (comparison, if necessary, must be done lens by lens. canon doesn't have an equivalent of NIKKOR AF28/1.4D for example.)

2. canon owns a few core patents in lens making such as USM, IS, therefore equally good SWM, VR Nikkors can't sell at equal prices.

3. i believe canon is still leading in terms of lens design & making tech. so: slightly better lenses (overall), slightly lower prices. why not.

4. D70 is better than 300D, out of question. but i'd rather regard it as a marketing strategy than technology difference. i'm pretty sure that the moment canon released 300D, nikon couldn't make any sensible counterpart. and that's why i kept asking in this forum that if canon is gotta release a 300D MKII to counteract nikon's D70.

5. Nikon is catching up, though canon is still leading. that's what i believe we all are glad to see. competition! i am and will be using canon for the next few years to come (if you couldn't change my mind ) simply because it makes most sense of my $$$, not because i have any affinity to the embossed logo.

now i'm going to get a 20D by installment. i certainly can't take Fujifilm S3pro into consideration (toooooo pricy).

your question and arguments are definitely priceless Bernard.

best regards,

frank[/font]

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
EOS 300D MkII???
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2004, 02:00:12 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']hi bernard, it's amazing that a canonian and a nikonian have so many things in common to share.

i now am going to get a canon 20D instead of 300D, Fujifilm S3pro is definitely a fantastic shooting gear in terms of the super CCD but just too pricy to me (it definitely will be, though i don't know the price yet). any other suggestions in Nikon/Kodak/Fujifilm line?[/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']Hi Frank,

Yes indeed :-) But I think it is mostly because I am not a real Nikonian and you are not a real Canonian... :-) We both ended up being some place for a variety of reasons and we both are trying to find what works best for us at least cost.

The Canon 20D appears to be a very good choice, I don't see anything in the current Nikon related brand offering that could entice a Canon user considering the 20D to switch over from a price/performance standpoint, besides a F6 perhaps :-)

Best regards,
Bernard[/font]

franxon

EOS 300D MkII???
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2004, 03:38:07 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']The Canon 20D appears to be a very good choice, I don't see anything in the current Nikon related brand offering that could entice a Canon user considering the 20D to switch over from a price/performance standpoint, besides a F6 perhaps :-)[/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']arh...talking about film, i might get a contax G2 but i'm just too late to enjoy the film era. but if there is, i'll definitely get a G-digital (rumor says they have the technology long ago but still not fully recovered from the failure of N1 digital, but again, how good can a long-ago tech be. haha).

as to F6, i seriously suspect it is meant for exchangable backs, like Leica R.

best regards,

frank[/font]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up