is the Zeiss 21 "mustache" distortion reasonably correctable?
I do not care. But since the 17-40 has a compareable distortion I would say: why not.
- I do not claim that these images are academically perfect. It may be that the tripod has shifted when unmounting the lens. I do not care. If you do I can shoot some other images where the tripod is 100% sturdy.
- Files were processed in Canon DPP with equal WB set to 5200k. The Zeiss was stopped down to f/5,6.
- The files show how each lens produces different colors using same WB.
- The Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/21 ZF was mounted using a Novoflex Nikon-EOS adapter.
- EXIF data is alive, for the Zeiss a 50 mm focal length is displayed.
- No, the bokeh isn't that terrible, this is a permanent mosquito protection placed outside of the window. Not all europeans have a climate at home
As Dave said, if you cannot live with the distortion this one's not for you.
Edit: oh great, the file names gone away when uploading the files, but if you save them locally they are restored! 1st and 2nd are from 17-40, one is distortion corrected in DPP. The 3rd file is from the Zeiss.