Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minolta A2: lack of orientation sensor (?)  (Read 2321 times)

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
Minolta A2: lack of orientation sensor (?)
« on: June 08, 2004, 03:12:58 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Well, if you're missing it, so am I.

If you find it, please let me know. Right now, this is a royal pain.[/font]
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b

timh

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:58:27 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']There isn't one.

I do have one on my little canon ixus, but it doesn't actually rotate the jpegs - it just sets a flag so the canon software rotates them after a transfer.  Unfortunately the canon software is a bit crap so I get no benefit from the sensor on that anyway - hence I don't miss it.

Do other cameras with orientation sensors actually rotate the file properly these days, then..? What about raw?[/font]

jdyke

• http://www.jondyke.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 11:44:11 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']I have to say that this is not an issue for me to be honest.  You can't really review a shot on the camera properly anyhow!  

Its only useful for checking histograms ect.

Whatever software you download into (Photoshop, ACR, C1, breezebrowser, thumbsplus, extensis ect.) and perform your initial workflow (digital lightbox) sorting your keepers and deleters will hapily rotate the images for you when you sort them.

Sorry for being harsh but is this really such a big problem?
I suppose if you have been used to it before you may find it annoying to start with I guess.....but after a while you probably won't be too bothered.

Cheers
JD[/font]

william

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 03:01:50 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Am I crazy, or does the A2 not have an orientation sensor, i.e., auto rotation of vertically-shot images?  This just occured to me as I just downloaded my first set of shots and emailed them to someone who said "how do I rotate them?"  It didn't even occur to me that this camera wouldn't have auto-rotate.  Am I missing a setting somewhere or is it really possible that there is not in fact an orietation sensor?[/font]

howard smith

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 04:21:24 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']A camera that will tell you which way is up.  Wonderful idea.[/font]

boku

• http://www.bobkulonphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 08:17:50 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']There isn't one.

I do have one on my little canon ixus, but it doesn't actually rotate the jpegs - it just sets a flag so the canon software rotates them after a transfer.  Unfortunately the canon software is a bit crap so I get no benefit from the sensor on that anyway - hence I don't miss it.

Do other cameras with orientation sensors actually rotate the file properly these days, then..? What about raw?[/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']Canon 10D does it perfectly every time![/font]
Bob Kulon

Oh, one more thing...[b
Pages: [1]   Go Up