Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 7900/9900:isolated teething problems or major design flaws  (Read 2479 times)

alexsar

As someone who is anxiously awaiting a 7900 in a few days
and has been following other threads regarding issues with these new generation Epsons
I was wondering whether more owners could give a thumbs up or down
so we could get a (statistical) sense of whether these are isolated or prevalent issues
and perhaps also in this way send a message to epson...

Many thanks to all sharing their experiences  

Alexandros

hjscm

epson 7900/9900:isolated teething problems or major design flaws
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 11:30:38 am »

I am crazy about my 7900,  switching inks is incredibly easy and hardly any waste at all.  i have not had too many problems and find it easy to use.

chris

pknouf

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:26 pm »

This is my first injet to own.  The 7900 is very easy to work with.  The prints will take your breath away.
I have been making images for a lot of years, many more than I care to admit.  I shed tears when I saw
my first Chromira print of one of my 4x5 trans but the 7900 more than exceeds that quality.  The prints are
not that costly at all when compared to paying someone else to do your work.  And I have this lovely printer in
my own home to work with on my schedule.

Phil KNouf

DLC

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:12:29 pm »

I've had the 7900 for about a month now with no serious issues. The printer sometimes gets some clogged nozzles if it sits for a week or so but they clean without problems. There are a number of things I was worried about because I read about them online, which seems to be what has you wondering. Some "problems" are just normal and not the result of any defect. For instance, when you first install inks and charge the lines the printer will use much more of the light gray ink than any of the others, and about 40% of the maintenance tank capacity. This is just how the thing is designed to work and it should happen only once in the life of the printer, when inks are installed for the first time. It's not a defect and there's nothing to fix. I have some very odd problems with the software that updates the printer's firmware. Something is definitely wrong there and others have reported it too, on both Mac and PC, though it doesn't seem to happen to everyone. The bottom line is that the firmware does get updated so it's really only an annoyance.

Basically, I think you'll really like this printer. It's very easy to set up and use, and the output is truly stunning.

markstarnes

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:48:34 pm »

I've had my 9900 for a few weeks now and am very satisfied. I use Onyx to profile and drive the printer which took a little time to get used to the profiling strategies.

Mark Starnes
Pages: [1]   Go Up