Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Color Center and the Z3100  (Read 2226 times)

abrehm

HP Color Center and the Z3100
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:26:51 pm »

I have started having some troubles recently with my Z3100 be unresponsive with HP's Color Center.  When I go to print the printer driver says that I need to calibrate the printer.  When I click on the message to bring up Color Center to calibrate the paper it tells me the printer is off or unavailable.  I have tried going through the printer utility that is installed and runs in the system tray and accessing Color Center through there but I have the same problem.

The weird thing is, when I open the printer utility it sees the printer, the paper loaded and the ink levels.  So the utility sees the printer but color center does not.

Does anyone know of any reason why this would be happening?  I havent installed anything recently and I have the Windows automatic updates turned off because I ran into a printer driver issue earlier.  It seems that HP has a real problem with their software in Windows but I dont know how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
andy

David Budd

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:40:37 pm »

Quote from: abrehm
I have started having some troubles recently with my Z3100 be unresponsive with HP's Color Center.  When I go to print the printer driver says that I need to calibrate the printer.  When I click on the message to bring up Color Center to calibrate the paper it tells me the printer is off or unavailable.  I have tried going through the printer utility that is installed and runs in the system tray and accessing Color Center through there but I have the same problem.

The weird thing is, when I open the printer utility it sees the printer, the paper loaded and the ink levels.  So the utility sees the printer but color center does not.

Does anyone know of any reason why this would be happening?  I havent installed anything recently and I have the Windows automatic updates turned off because I ran into a printer driver issue earlier.  It seems that HP has a real problem with their software in Windows but I dont know how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
andy

Andy

I had the same problems but on a Mac after upgrading to the latest driver.

If you turn the printer off and then turn it on again after a few minutes it should solve your problem

David

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:48:39 pm »

Quote from: DBudd
If you turn the printer off and then turn it on again after a few minutes it should solve your problem

David

Andy,

I agree with David. The occassional re-boot is necessary to get the computer and printer communicating again.

Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:11:30 pm »

It does that every few weeks to me, usually after an extra long PS session.  A reboot solves it.

abrehm

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:08 pm »

Awesome, the reset worked great.  Thank you all for your help.

Andy
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:41:35 pm by abrehm »
Pages: [1]   Go Up