Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is the 2" screen on the H3D-31 on-the-go usable?  (Read 2329 times)

sperera

is the 2" screen on the H3D-31 on-the-go usable?
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:55:12 am »

.......I'm finally deciding on whether to get an ex-demo H3D-31 (NOT the II generation with the bigger screen)...the 2" screen is thus an issue i want to have clear in my head....the question is simple.......

DOES THE H3D-31 DISPLAY THE IMAGE YOU HAVE TAKEN PRETTY MUCH AS IT ACTUALLY LOOKS and thus you make decisions on exposures etc as you go along

Important: I use a Hasselblad HM2 magnifying hood I still have from when i had a 503CW and I use that to view images as I take them to block out sunlight, etc...this works great with the Nikon D300 screen I have.

Can I use this and thus be able to get over the 2" screen....its not the size that worries me its the rendering of the image.....

ALSO....BATTERY LIFE....anyone care to comment.....how many shots can I expect from a fully-charge battery?

PLEASE HELP!! thanks for your comments......
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:12:28 am by sperera »
Stephen Perera
www.ulookfierce.com

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:42:01 am »

screen - IMHO - no - this is a downside to MFDB for sure. I have the H322 and the screen is terrible - good to check composition and the histogram, but thats it. my 5Dmk1 screen blows it away by longshot

my battery life is very good. I can shoot all day (7-8 hrs) tethered on 1 battery, untethered in normal temps all day on 2-3 batteries. i dont look at that lame screen that much tho - just to check histo occasionally - it can be displayed on the grip too, so I dont look at it on the back too much

I would seriously consider not upgrading from small format based on your other post. I dont think I would have got into MFDB if the 5D2 was out 18 mos ago when I bought mine...I'd have a5D2, 85 1.2, etc, etc. the H system isn't  nearly as affordable to build than Canon/nikon - one battery is $212, zoom is HUGE and $3-4k. now my hassie isn't worth selling so I'm kinda stuck with it. I love it, but isn't worth it at this point for 22mp...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:50:37 am by jimgolden »

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:13:38 am »

Hi Sperera,

The first H3D used an OLED screen which while small worked pretty well in daylight.  It has a very wide view angle - which I guess in your case isn't so important if you are using the viewing hood.

I think there is a slight learning curve with respect to judging the screen but in combination with the histogram, I don't foresee you would have too much difficulty.

However, I will say the 3.0" LCD is a vast improvement on the H3DII models.

Best Regards,

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

hubell

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:54:15 am »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Hi Sperera,

The first H3D used an OLED screen which while small worked pretty well in daylight.  It has a very wide view angle - which I guess in your case isn't so important if you are using the viewing hood.

I think there is a slight learning curve with respect to judging the screen but in combination with the histogram, I don't foresee you would have too much difficulty.

However, I will say the 3.0" LCD is a vast improvement on the H3DII models.

Best Regards,

David

David: any chance that the new 60 mp H3D will include an upgrade in the LCD to one that meets the quality standard of the Nikon D3/D700 and latest Canons?
Thanks, Howard

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:12:20 am »

Quote from: hcubell
David: any chance that the new 60 mp H3D will include an upgrade in the LCD to one that meets the quality standard of the Nikon D3/D700 and latest Canons?
Thanks, Howard

we can dream, right?

hubell

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »

Quote from: jimgolden
we can dream, right?

Yes, I would hope that Hasselblad's new 60 mp camera will offer considerably more than just an upgrade in resolution over the H3DII-39 for the 60%+ premium in price. The Phase One P65 does not achieve that goal, IMO, compared to the P45. Clean high ISO 15mp images do not excite me. If I ever need clean high ISO images, there is the D3x whose 24mp images at 1600 will probably blow the P65 15mp 1600 ISO images out of the water. The other big advantage Phase is touting is the POSSIBILITY of other advantages in the future through upgrades. I will never sell their marketing dept. short for chutzpah. [LOL]
Pages: [1]   Go Up