Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't help but notice  (Read 10338 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Can't help but notice
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 10:39:17 pm »

But with significantly different expectations from a photography point of view.

Bob, could you elaborate on this point?
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Bob Peterson

• http://www.pbase.com/rwzeitgeist/
Can't help but notice
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 11:39:18 pm »

Quote from: rwzeitgeist
I'd go on another Quark cruise, but with significantly different expectations from a photography point of view.

Bob

Quote from: Josh-H
Bob, could you elaborate on this point?
An ordinary ("normal") cruise isn't going to get on the public address system at 4:00 a.m. to wake everyone up to point out some wonderful dawn light on the mountain side.  I doubt many cruise ship captains will sail through The Gullet (67° 6'38.60"S  67°32'29.40"W, where the channel is only half a mile, or .66 km, wide) to provide exceptional photo ops.  These events happened because of the nature of Michael's charter, Michael's guiding hand, and the rather singular focus of the passengers, characteristics unlikely to be present on most cruises.  And such events matched or exceeded my expectations.

Not that other Quark cruises aren't without merit, they're just different.  I wouldn't expect the kind of photo opportunities this cruise offered. I would expect similar excellence from the expedition staff and ship's crew.

Now for a really, really stark contrast, compare a Royal Carribean cruise and this Luminous Landscape workshop and cruise!

Bob

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Can't help but notice
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 01:10:24 am »

Yes, but what kind of cabaret show did you have?  LOL

I too would go in a heartbeat if I could afford it - very jealous of you guys right now!!

Tklimek

Can't help but notice
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 01:16:06 am »

Ditto!!

Quote from: kaelaria
Yes, but what kind of cabaret show did you have?  LOL

I too would go in a heartbeat if I could afford it - very jealous of you guys right now!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up