Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D100  (Read 2832 times)

jdemott

Nikon D100
« on: December 14, 2003, 12:23:58 pm »

Yes, there are a few of us Nikon users here at Luminous Landscape, although most of the camera specific articles here are about Canon or medium format equipment.  I've been using the D100 since July 2002.  Basically my workflow is to shoot in RAW mode, make basic adjustments (such as fine tuning white balance or exposure) with Nikon Capture, and then complete the post processing in Photoshop.

Luminous Landscape has lots of tutorials about Photoshop and digital processing that are applicable to all brands and models of digital cameras.  For camera specific questions, you might check the forums at photo.net and at digital photography review (although there is a lot of meaningless chatter at the latter website).  A good reference source for the D100 is Thom Hogan's D100 guide.  There is also some information on his website, http://www.bythom.com.
John DeMott

jdemott

Nikon D100
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 04:38:54 pm »

Michael,

That's good news about Thom Hogan.  You always get top notch contributors for the Luminous Landscape, and Thom is no exception to that rule.

John DeMott
John DeMott

tankinmd

Nikon D100
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 11:37:33 pm »

Thank you folks......

I just ordered Thom's guide on the D-100..

and I have taken advantage of a bunch of the tutorials...

I have been a part time pro for 25 years or so...

But after getting into digital... I know I have a LOT to learn...

thanks again...

tankinmd

Nikon D100
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 02:18:05 pm »

1) great site... thanks for all the information...

2) I have had the Nikon D100 for 2 months now... and like a lot...

3) are there any veterans of the D100 out there, or are there  any sites that go into detail about the camera and settings...

4) my "for sale, pro stuff" has been great... great color balance and seperation from the lab... but my personal "grab shots" have lacked color saturation and seperation... on both my printer (which I need to upgrade) and from the lab...

any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated...

thanks...

Nikon D100
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 01:12:55 pm »

Thom Hogan is going to be contributing a series of Nikon articles to this site. The first of these will appear on Tuesday, Dec. 16.

Michael

leonvick

• http://www.plateaulight.com
Nikon D100
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 10:44:53 pm »

I look forward to anything Thom contributes here. If only someone would write a guide for Canon SLRs as good as the one he wrote for the D100.
Leon
Wherever I go, there I am.
Pages: [1]   Go Up