Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Park, high contrast experiment  (Read 10406 times)

John R

High Park, high contrast experiment
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:36:01 am »

Tried an experiment. Inverted colours, then turned into B&W so that it looked like IF. Then took original and blended. Allowed opacity to mix colour and b&W; then reconverted whole image to B&W and used USM resulting in high contrast grainy image. Love the surreal almost infra-red look, which I think is suitable for this romantic motif.

John R
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:50:06 pm by John R »

Hoang

• http://www.hxpham.com
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 01:26:54 pm »

Quote from: John R
Tried an experiment. Inverted colours, then turned into B&W so that it looked like IF. Then took original and blended. Allowed opacity to mix colour and b&W; then reconverted whole image to B&W and used USM resulting in high contrast grainy image. Love the surreal almost infra-red look, which I think is suitable for this romantic motif.

John R
I love the look of the tree and especially its reflection. Great work! However, I think there is a bit too much haloing around the building. A little bit of burning to even out the sky near the building would help, in my opinion

mike.online

• http://mikedotonline.blogspot.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:02:21 pm »

Fantastic experiment. Thanks for posting the recipe too! I might just try this in a few spots I can think of.

printroom_johnpaul

• http://www.johnpaulphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:12:22 pm »

Wow. I love the pop in that photo. I'm going to have to try your technique out this week.

JP

John R

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:14:52 am »

Quote from: Hoang
I love the look of the tree and especially its reflection. Great work! However, I think there is a bit too much haloing around the building. A little bit of burning to even out the sky near the building would help, in my opinion

Thank you for your comments. I realize that many things shifted in the image. However, from the point of view of being experimental, I think I will live with it. Everything shifted, colours, grain, tones, etc. I liked the results for this particular image. There is an easier way to do this, just apply maximum deep red on colour image, convert to BW, tweak to your likeing with contrast, and apply Unsharp Mask. almost the same result.

JMR

John R

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:16:12 am »

Quote from: mike.online
Fantastic experiment. Thanks for posting the recipe too! I might just try this in a few spots I can think of.
See the reply to Hoang for easier workflow. Thanks for the comments.

JMR

John R

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 11:17:16 am »

Quote from: printroom_johnpaul
Wow. I love the pop in that photo. I'm going to have to try your technique out this week.

JP
See the reply to Hoang for easier workflow and thanks  for the commentary.

JMR

Snook

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 12:56:42 pm »

And where might be the images? Did the poster erase them? Sure would like to see what you did.
Thanks
Snook

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 04:29:37 pm »

Quote from: Snook
And where might be the images? Did the poster erase them? Sure would like to see what you did.
Thanks
Snook

I was thinking the same thing mself, Snook; perhaps it´s all a gigantic con and there never were any pictures, just naked emperors.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up