Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purpose of switch on Samsung SBL-160 type batteries?  (Read 1847 times)

John Schweikert

Purpose of switch on Samsung SBL-160 type batteries?
« on: January 25, 2009, 09:00:23 pm »

---
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:03:31 pm by John-S »

JDBFreeheel

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:08:33 pm »

Well John, I just don't know, but now my interest is peaked.  My original Leaf battery has that "switch" with the red, but it doesn't move.  I have three Hahnel batteries (two 160 and one 320) and they do not have the switch and finally I have two no name 160s that have the switch and the red dot and they slide in and back.

My only guess is that for the actual Samsung cameras that use/d this battery type, it might have a purpose.  Hmmmmmmm.

PS-I hope the AFD II is treating you well.

Josh

Harris Edelman

• http://
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:57:15 am »

It's not an electrical switch. It's simply a marker, to help you differentiate between charged and depleted batteries. You get to choose whether red means "full" or "empty".

-H.

yaya

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:15:49 am »

Quote from: Harris Edelman
It's not an electrical switch. It's simply a marker, to help you differentiate between charged and depleted batteries. You get to choose whether red means "full" or "empty".

-H.

That is correct

Yair

JDBFreeheel

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:10:36 am »

Quote from: Harris Edelman

-H.

Wow, talk about over-thinking this   .  I was already thinking there was some "feature" I didn't know about that would take my photography to the next level.  

Alas, decisions, decisions.  Does red mean full or empty.  Hmmmmm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up