Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annie Leibowitz  (Read 62804 times)

Rob C

Annie Leibowitz
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 02:06:33 pm »

Quote from: JamiePeters
So did she actually shoot these or did she have the assistants set up everything and she walked in and clicked the shutter.  I have seen these shoots myself on set movies and shows and saw this happen.

Not to mention the assistants said this happens all the time.  I wonder did she hire a ghost writer.  JP

Having now looked at the book in two separate goes, I am left wondering about the ease which which I have been parted with my dough.

Far from resembling much that was in the film, which was quite an interesting coverage of her work with the Stones, Vogue etc., this book is a sentimental journey into her private life and has not a heap of her commercial work that I think even looks great. I can only look at so many pics of her Susan Sontag, her maw and paw, her sisters and kids and stuff like that.

A wasted opportunity for her and a dumb buy for me.

Rob C

markhout

• http://www.markhout.com
Annie Leibowitz
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 08:04:48 am »

Quote from: Rob C
A wasted opportunity for her and a dumb buy for me.

Same victim's impact statement here. And to me her exhibition in the Brooklyn Museum was only partially interesting. Her landscapes are not my cup of tea.

nicolaasdb

• http://
Annie Leibowitz
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 07:59:04 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
I imagine that the documentary of which you speak is the one conducted in a car by her sister? That it´s easy to become a photographer when your early life is already trained to perceive the world in a frame because you have seen it already mainly through the frame of a car window?

Enjoy your meeting and make a list of questions!

Rob C

Now I understand why shooting and framing my shots comes easy to me..... my dad was a truck driver and I spend a large par of my childhood vacations sitting in the passenger seat of my dads 18wheeler! LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up